90 capping replacement

Is it possible to replace the tub capping on a 90 csw by just removing the panel above the capping (the one with the window in it) rather than removing the entire roof and sides ? It looks like it should be possible but I want to be sure I havent missed out something obvious before I start.

It would be far easier to remove the entire roof. Even if you do do manage to wriggle the side panel out, you won't be able to refit the seals between the tub and side panel, and roof and side panel without lifting the roof anyway. Then of course you'll need to remove the rear door top hinge at least to allow the roof to move up. Best plan is to remove roof as a whole - you'll need some helping hands to lift it.

It would be far easier to remove the entire roof. Even if you do do manage to wriggle the side panel out, you won't be able to refit the seals between the tub and side panel, and roof and side panel without lifting the roof anyway. Then of course you'll need to remove the rear door top hinge at least to allow the roof to move up. Best plan is to remove roof as a whole - you'll need some helping hands to lift it.

As Mickeyw says, by time you've separated the roof and sides you might as well have undone the sides from the body, the top door hinge at the back, the door seals and the half dozen bolts along the windscreen frame top - its actually less nuts and bolts - and lift it all off.

Does this very detailed thread just down this page not help at all?

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=55697

yep I have seen that thread and a few others but I was asking a specific question to find out was it possible to do it without taking the roof off completely. The reason I was thinking of trying to do it without taking it all off is my odd shifts at work mean im rarely home at weekends or evening and it makes it a bit harder to get help at a convenient time and I wouldnt be able to get to whole thing off on my own :)

It's not too difficult to lift the roof up on your own, it only has to be lifted up 3 or 4 inches. Just make sure you have a few bits of wood to wedge / lift / support the roof and you will be fine.

On a 110 tub the corners are attached to the side rails. these need ifting about 2-3" up to get them off the side panel so i'd suggest the roof comes off, remove all cappings and rear panel joiners/light fittings and get them galved.