Radiator for 110 V8

My new rolling 110 TD5 chassis came with a radiator included. As some of you know, im retro-fitting a 4.6 RV8 into this chassis and i was hoping i could utilize the good TD5 radiator that it came with. Is this possible? The chassis is galvanised and i would HATE to have to cut into the existing rad mounts....

I dont see why the td5 rad wouldn't be suitable, ideally you want all the hose locations to be in the correct places but even that can be overcome with carefull routing.

IIRC all defender rad mounts are the same anyway to there should be no cutting required

IIRC all defender rad mounts are the same anyway to there should be no cutting required

Really. Im sure ive seen a few different rad mount types?

Its a good point regarding hose routing though. Id like to use standard V8 hoses if i could but without seeing where the hoses attach on a V8 rad its hard to tell..

Really. Im sure ive seen a few different rad mount types?

Its a good point regarding hose routing though. Id like to use standard V8 hoses if i could but without seeing where the hoses attach on a V8 rad its hard to tell..

A V8 rad goes all the way across the front. They put out a lot of heat. I've got one spare from my Isuzu conversion. PM me.

There will be loads of pics of v8 defender engine bays on the forum. Top hose on the passenger side, bottom hose on the right, small feed to the coolant bottle on top right. As simon has said carb rads have another feed alongside the one to the coolant bottle, this can be plugged if running EFI, or if you have the efi rad and run carbs then you can just stick a tee piece in the coolant bottle line

There will be loads of pics of v8 defender engine bays on the forum. Top hose on the passenger side, bottom hose on the right, small feed to the coolant bottle on top right. As simon has said carb rads have another feed alongside the one to the coolant bottle, this can be plugged if running EFI, or if you have the efi rad and run carbs then you can just stick a tee piece in the coolant bottle line

Both my 3.9 EFIs have a have hot water going air intake near the throttle position sensor, so they also require the 2 small pipes on the radiator(one for expansion bottle, the other for air heater).

On a mates hotwire 3.9 this feed is tee'd into the one to the coolant bottle. On flapper systems the hose comes out of the top of the water pump and goes to the heater on the inlet to the plenum, then out of the heater and into the top of the manifold

Thanks for the info guys. Simon, unfortunately by the time i read your post i already ordered a V8 rad.. :-( Thanks for the offer though.

One other thing, my R380 seems to have oil-cooler lines attached to the side. I also understand that there should be an engine oil cooler.. Where do these things bolt onto?

you'll need a sandwich plate that goes between the oil filter and the housing.you can buy a complete kit from RPI or rimmers or get one off ebay.it's an easy job really.

you don't really need an oil cooler for the engine unless you plan to do a lot of towing or are planning to rag the hell out of it.