Young Land Rover Owner Insurance.

draper40

Hey,

After passing my driving test yesterday it was with trepidation I started to phone around for insurance quotes on my 1985 200tdi 90 with 2 inch lift. Quite a few quotes came in around the expected £1500-£2500 mark but then I phoned Footman James classic cars and they agreed to insure me, as the policy holder, having been a legal driver for 1 day for £790!

They're classic car policy is valid for anything over 15 years old. It's third party fire and theft with restricted mileage- 4000 I think.

Pretty good way to get started! :)

Pete

Thats pretty cheap. Do you know who you spoke to? According to their website, they wont insure anyone under 25 on a classic policy. I may have to give them a ring, as my insurance renewal is pretty soon :blink: .

I was with them last year, paid about £460 TPF+T on my 90. I was 20 at the time of taking the insurance out.

Went with Adrian Flux this year, paying about £450 fully comp now, plus they gave me a good deal on the Series III as well.

Your price is very good considering your age and inexperience, good job :)

Enjoy Land Rover motoring!

Thats pretty cheap. Do you know who you spoke to? According to their website, they wont insure anyone under 25 on a classic policy. I may have to give them a ring, as my insurance renewal is pretty soon :blink: .

They won't insure anyone under 25 online but they're fine if you give them a ring.

I spoke to lee this afternoon.

Pete

That is a superb Price. I am paying just over £700 for my disco (TPF+T) this year and thats being 19 with 2 years no claims at the start of the policy.

Sounds like I shall certainly need to give them a ring come insurance renewal time in september.

• 2 months later...

FJ were the only broker that could come out with a decent quote for my 88. £500 TPFT 6000 mile policy. I'm 20. I'm hoping it will drop a bit when I turn 21. All other companies were wanting in excess of £1,500 or more.