+4" springs or +2" with 2" spacers??

6 members have voted

1. 1. +4" Springs or +2" spring with 2" spring spacers

• +4" Springs
    • +2" Springs with 2" spacers

I've got a 4 inch lift on my 90 and I've also used QT 6o castor corrected arms for the front, and Qt rear trailing arms too, if you don't use these or similar to them to correct the castor angle for the steering geometry it won't steer right and will cause you all sorts of problems when driving your vehicle, I think with a 2 inch lift you can get away with using just cranked rear trailing arms, I've also used -2 inch turrets on the front shock mountings and -2 inch drop plates on the rear-just something I've been playing with seems to work ok for me on and off road

HTH

John

I've run several combinations of springs and blocks and below this height on my vehicles including:

1" springs, 1" spacers

2" springs

2" springs, 1" spacers

2" springs, 3" spacers, 2" body lift, 2" drop on the shocks, +2" bump stops

Generally I think it is better to use an all-spring lift as I was often getting coil-bind before hitting the bump stops in some of the combos above. If you need more clearance the other option is to use a combination of spring lift and body lift. I don't know what the set up for the rest of your truck is, but I'd say use a 3" spring lift with a 40mm body lift.

As mentioned above, at 2" and above suspension lift you'll need to look at correcting geometry with cranked radius arms and trailing arms. At 5" suspension lift you are on the limit of the steering and panhard bar angles.

To get a sensible answer you could do with letting people know what you are intending to use the truck for- or indeed what truck it is?- Is there a reason for going for a 4" lift?- TBH unless you are doing it to get some huge tyres to clear then I would not bother- a 2" lift gains you a lot without getting into the realms of prop and castor issues.

If you really must go for a 4" lift then the best option would be the +4 springs- spacers do nothing to aid suspension travel.

If it *IS* tyres, I would go the route of 2" springs and as much body lift as you need to clear the arches, which all depends on the size of tyres you are attempting to fit, as above, more info needed.