Northern Challenge Corwen the Aftermath

Boothy

Well after 2 full days of eating dust I've just dived out of the shower.

Great weekend, very very hot, vey dusty, very tiring,

Manys thanks to the local Welsh rallyclub for running screaming rally cars out all night on the lanes around the site, to the bloke with the shotgun at 4.30am, for the cow at the farm calling all night for her calf, and the dawn Chorus at 4.50'ish was fantastic, I ended up like Victor Meldrew trying to get some kip.

Broke 3 ropes Saturday and nearly flattened Dan Thomas (who was below me) with a backflip when it went but thankfully it settled on a tree.

Lost a trackrod end of the steering bar Sunday in a section later, then a puncture with the tyre of the rim (halfway up a big pull) then much to Dans amusment couldn't get back in the motor after we changed it, then finally lost the solonoid on the rear winch.

But thorougly enjoyed ever minute of it, some very good punches, a couple of great Special stages, especially the one the "numties from Stoke" rolled on, thanks to Matt and the crew, the Marshalls again friendly and helpfull, always smiling.

Thanks to all including the competitors and hopefully see you all soon.

Chrisbiggrin.gif

Well, after breaking a propshaft 2 hrs in on the first day,

snapping front rope twice,

overheating

2 flat tyres cause they keep burping air,

and then having to wedge a twig between the spring and brush on the front winch motor to allow us to descend back to terra firma 70ft below us to arrive back at the finish with less than 1 minute remaining,

I am now thoroughly knackered with some massive blisters on my feet and a well deserved beer buzz going on!!

Great event, good use of the land at a site that evokes looks of horror on some drivers (especially winchmens) faces....

Thanks to Matt and crew (espcially crew, you know who you are!) for all their hard work on a blisteringly hot weekend.

Cheers - Nick

Good weekend, ripped brake pipe and rockslider off on first section saturday so was out of action by 11 :rolleyes: but big thanks to dafydd for helping me out. Had a good day today even though some of the trees disliked me :D

Thanks to matt and the team for a great weekend

James

First class event very good competition, good weather, excellent puches roll on next year well done Simom and Mike 2nd place well deserved with only one winch all day Sunday. Did i say 2nd place for Simon and Mike that sounds good 2nd place BANTER MUST GO ON yipee ,If you drive a Whitbread motor you must take the stick and give it of course !!

Manys thanks to the local Welsh rallyclub for running screaming rally cars out all night on the lanes around the site, to the bloke with the shotgun at 4.30am, for the cow at the farm calling all night for her calf, and the dawn Chorus at 4.50'ish was fantastic, I ended up like Victor Meldrew trying to get some kip.

Broke 3 ropes Saturday and nearly flattened Dan Thomas (who was below me) with a backflip when it went but thankfully it settled on a tree.

Lost a trackrod end of the steering bar Sunday in a section later, then a puncture with the tyre of the rim (halfway up a big pull) then much to Dans amusment couldn't get back in the motor after we changed it, then finally lost the solonoid on the rear winch.

But thorougly enjoyed ever minute of it, some very good punches, a couple of great Special stages, especially the one the "numties from Stoke" rolled on, thanks to Matt and the crew, the Marshalls again friendly and helpfull, always smiling.

Chrisbiggrin.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Chris ur priceless :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This was my first event with BADLRC and I can assure you it wont be my last, something for every one, well set out technical punches, amusing special stages, user friendly marshalls and a fantastic social.

Well done to all involved in producing such a sccessful event.

Chrisbiggrin.gif

Well who would have thought that Bala & District Motor Club would have had a check point in the layby outside the site, and when they saw our yellow B.A.D arrows at the bottom of the farm drive they kept wrong slotting into the farm drive instead of the lay bye.

Sorry you didn't like the cabaret that was on over night, the locals enjoyed it watching it all from the top of the hill near the wind farm watching them out on the nearby lanes.

The best of it was I had a guy in and orange transit who stuck his head in the caravan at about 8pm saturday and wanted to sign on marshaling for the check point. our yellow arrows confused the issue some what!!!

other than that glad you enjoyed it Mr Booth :)

Thank you all for your comments and feedback, total dedication from Simon & Mike who were going home until we posted the over night results on the caravan door, glad you stayed guys thank you, well done to Malcolm & Chris, and thank you to everybody else for supporting the form of event entries. thank you to Steve for the loan of some extra punches to make things easier allowing us to set up the whole event in one go. And thank you to the Welsh Reconnaissance team for there much needed help and support and hard work with our last two events.

Thanks again guys we look forward to seeing you all soon, go and tell all your friends they are all very welcome on any of our future events :):):)

Thanks to Matt and the Team for an excellent event, your efforts for our benefit are much appreciated.

Thanks to Kev for guiding me round for the 2 days and running around in the heat.

Thanks to Dafydd and Nick for dragging us off the rocks and giving us a tug to get us going when the starter motor died.

We had a relatively trouble free run, 3 alternator belts and a starter motor on Saturday and 1 alternator belt on Sunday.

Some very interesting secions, enjoyed the 3 stages we did

I was glad I was sitting low down, but have to admit the hanging over long drops on the end of a winch rope got the better of me in the end.

Roll on the next Clubman event.

what a excellent event. loved every minute of it despite looking at some sections and thinking it would be easier to buy a quad and compete with that due to it being so tight a section.

a big thanks to all the marshal's at the event as you were all brilliant and i couldnt ask for a better bunch.

also thank you for all the marshals, and the team ( sorry i dont no your names ) who put me back onto my wheels after a slight f-up on SS2, allbeit much to my own and the marshals amusement :lol::lol:

however i can safely say i have seen the funniest thing this year so far in watching twiggy trying to get back into his motor after assisting with his flat tyre. it was like watching a stranded cow stuck in mud looking all sorry for itself :lol::lol:

see you all at the next round

now im off to striaghten out all the bent panels and cage :o

dan :)

what an ace weekend , really enjoyed it , dispite it being a single vehicle event the team spirt was amazing every one was willing to lend a hand , and parts all weekend (really need to get in touch with the boys from Rhyl to return there prop shaft and thank them in person)

big thanks to the organisers and marshels they really are a top bunch :D

keep up the amazing work guys see you at Mow cop in a few months

what an ace weekend , really enjoyed it , dispite it being a single vehicle event the team spirt was amazing every one was willing to lend a hand , and parts all weekend (really need to get in touch with the boys from Rhyl to return there prop shaft and thank them in person)

big thanks to the organisers and marshels they really are a top bunch :D

keep up the amazing work guys see you at Mow cop in a few months

I have just found the forms and sent two emails I am awaiting a reply