Ceramic Beads

bishbosh

OK,

I have had excellent results in the past using airsoft ceramic beads to balance knobbly off road tyres.

Now I am landyless, my daily driver has decided to give me grief with wheel balancing (el cheapo tyres put on it before I bought it) :(

So, what I would like to do is source some beads that instead of being 6mm diameter are more like 2mm or smaller so I can pour them into the tyre via the valve stem. That way I don't have to go through the hassle of getting the beads broken down at ATS or wherever.

I know I could just buy some dynabeads, but at over £50 to do all four wheels I would rather explore other avenues first! :blink:

I have googled and even called a couple of companies that manufacture them but they have been spectacularly unhelpful.

Does anyone know of a source? I only need 100g per wheel!

Ta muchly.

It's interesting that you say you have had success with beads running around within the tyres to help balance tyres.

Okay it's not entirely the same thing but when I converted my P38 to LPG with the tank where the spare wheel use to go, I contacted puncturesafe.co.uk about their product, seems to have received good reviews. So I invested in the stuff and carefully pored the blue goo into my wheels.

Caused all sorts of trouble! Had to have the front wheels washed out to have the wheels rebalanced as the blue goo evidently highlighted an existing balance problem.

I still have problems with the liquid running around within the wheel causing the wheel to feel like its bouncing or wobbling. To the point I'm going to wash the stuff out and just carry a few bottles of some sort of puncher repair in a bottle.

Could it be that I have problems else where or is it really the blue goo that is causing the problems?

Bishbosh,

Where did you source the 6mm ones? I'm about to pull the weights off mine (those that haven't already been knocked off on the lanes) and give the beads a try.

Ebay - just make sure you get ceramic ones and not the bio degradeable ones!! :lol:

I know a few who have used these successfully....

http://www.devon4x4....alancing/0.html

Hmm, that's odd, I thought they were more expensive than that....... now to find out if they fit down the valve or not.......