rusper,play day

fairys1

hi,just to let everybody know that the next rusper play day is sunday 4th june,4x4s and quads welcome,just turn up,thanks,bob 28x4

DIAL POST FARM,RUSPER HORSHAM WEST SUSSEX, TQ 19868 36671

walked around that last year - - not the best in the world = but it does have a deep pond which people drove through.

I think its a easy sight - people in Rangies and freelanders can test there motors here. its mostly single track with a little mound in the way every 100yrds or so. well it was last year. the site would only last a motor like yours half day I reckon, and thats if you made your own routes aswell and played lots.

walked around that last year - - not the best in the world = but it does have a deep pond which people drove through.

I think its a easy sight - people in Rangies and freelanders can test there motors here. its mostly single track with a little mound in the way every 100yrds or so. well it was last year. the site would only last a motor like yours half day I reckon, and thats if you made your own routes aswell and played lots.

hi,please let me know if you are slagging off our site as that is what it seems like,if you are then obviously you have not been all the way around it,feel free to ring me thanks,bob,07881565019

Not slagging it off at all.. just telling nige what I thought of the site..

He didn't ask my opinion and probably will not take it on board, as he is a grown lad and can make his own mind up.

I am sure he will come to your site at some point, at which point he can make his own mind up.

I have been talking to another person from there via pm's . . you seem to be very protective over your site don't you.. and you assume because a few people say they liked the site that every one should... it don't work like that does it. For example - Slindon - fantastic site to play in, but not every month. it would get boring wouldn't it. Just like your place, not enough to play around in, with out requiring a winch, so that gets boring too. It just took less time at your site than slindon, purely because of site size.

And I was by the way talking about capals offroad wood, being a bit tame - but again, that was last year - things could of changed by now.

hope that clears things up for you.

Not slagging it off at all.. just telling nige what I thought of the site..

He didn't ask my opinion and probably will not take it on board, as he is a grown lad and can make his own mind up.

I am sure he will come to your site at some point, at which point he can make his own mind up.

I have been talking to another person from there via pm's . . you seem to be very protective over your site don't you.. and you assume because a few people say they liked the site that every one should... it don't work like that does it. For example - Slindon - fantastic site to play in, but not every month. it would get boring wouldn't it. Just like your place, not enough to play around in, with out requiring a winch, so that gets boring too. It just took less time at your site than slindon, purely because of site size.

And I was by the way talking about capals offroad wood, being a bit tame - but again, that was last year - things could of changed by now.

hope that clears things up for you.

Hi,

And greetings with this candid exchange of views…….. :):)

You made a public statement “Nige - your not really missing much..” And “you seem to be very protective over your site don't you.. and you assume because a few people say they liked the site that every one should...”…

Let me answer you with candour… :lol: it has nothing to do with being protective over the site, but it does has everything to do with fairness…! :P After all,

we are human because we are different aren’t we? So every one is and must be entitled to their opinion.. it a matter of public statements :ph34r:

Matter of fact v’s personal opinions ;)

If Bob had started a thread asking what do you think of the layout of Rusper site and or what did it offer for you… Then it would be fair game to make a personal opinion based on the topic title… :blink:

But Your statement however was made in a matter of fact way, indicating to others (who might be thinking of going along) not to bother.. I personally feel that is not cricket old boy… remembering that the thread was to announce the play day that many, many have enjoyed even in the mud and rain. Now the weather is far better and there are more areas open..... yes..! areas that dont need winch's if you have the right tyres. :D

If you want to start a thread about Capel, I would be most happy to join in based on the title, as there is probably a lot I can gain from such a thread. I even want to go my self :rolleyes:

You also publicly made a statement that we “assume because a few people say they liked the site that every one should...” that I take exception to as it is a complete fabrication by yourself neither Bob nor I stated that every one should like the Rusper site.

Again such public statements (especially libellous ones) IMHO are just not cricket… :angry:

You are right that the site is not as large as some others but then it is also larger than some others….

There are parts that are taped off, but that is due to the woodland being owned by two different people and we may not use his land.. :(

there are flat lanes for the less able and other sections for the better skilled/equipped drivers B)

personaly i welcome frank comments about the site especialy from those of greater knowlage of this sport than myself (that's nearly everyone) it would be great to see you there so that you may advise us more possitivly

True not to everyone’s taste, we cannot please every one.

As the thread is viewable to all for those who might enjoy Rusper

I ask; why put them off? ? :o

but above all live and let live

the above is only my personal oppinion and I wish you well

Don't normally comment, on issues like this, but I think Rusper is excellent, quite small but good fun,

Paul Wightman has layed out punches on the occasions ive been, thats made the site great fun

for people with winch equipped trucks, but if you drive around the right parts you dont need a winch,

again if you like the idea of challenge events but havent done one, this is the ideal place for getting use to

the sort of terrain & situations you will find on certain events.

I unfortunately cant make it this month, but if your thinking about going, i would say give it a go :)

Regards

Graham

Don't normally comment, on issues like this, but I think Rusper is excellent, quite small but good fun,

Paul Wightman has layed out punches on the occasions ive been, thats made the site great fun

for people with winch equipped trucks, but if you drive around the right parts you dont need a winch,

again if you like the idea of challenge events but havent done one, this is the ideal place for getting use to

the sort of terrain & situations you will find on certain events.

I unfortunately cant make it this month, but if your thinking about going, i would say give it a go :)

Regards

Graham

i might just do that, i didn't realise there was a site so close to me.

i might just do that, i didn't realise there was a site so close to me.

OFF ROAD play day 4x4 & Quad Play Day

every 1st/3rd Sunday in 50Acres of woodland.

tel:Lawrence 077 9070 4141

B) Gulleys, loads Of Winch Areas, mud Bog, 20 Ft Deep Ravine. poss Catering Van.

At dial Post Park, Horsham Road, Rusper. Rh12 4qx or Tq1986836671

£25 entry, Wheel Wash If Req £2. will Stay Regular Event If We Behave Responsibly, So please Ensure Your Vehicle Is Road Legal Inc Exhaust Noise! No Damage To Trees! Strops Must Be Used. No Dumper Tyres.

:rolleyes: Arrive / Leave The Site With Due Consideration For Locals. :)

Look for 28x4 Signs

£25 entry, Wheel Wash If Req £2. will Stay Regular Event If We Behave Responsibly, So please Ensure Your Vehicle Is Road Legal Inc Exhaust Noise!

Must be road legal? May I quote Fairy1?

Must be road legal?

only noise wise,hope this helps

So, must it be road legal or just quiet enough to be road legal? Can you guys sing from the same hymn sheet on this one please?

What about quads? Do they have to be road legal too? Most are not registered, insured, taxed, MOTd etc... Although I know plenty that are!

Chris

"You also publicly made a statement that we assume because a few people say they liked the site that every one should... that I take exception to as it is a complete fabrication by yourself"

I'll let you into a little secret on this one - you PM'd me with that very comment - I didn't just make it up. I go on what I know for sure. Some people lie in arguments/discussions some don't, and I assure you I don't (most of the time :) )

my point again

"remembering that the thread was to announce the play day that many, many have enjoyed even in the mud and rain"

no - I made it all up honest...

Matter of fact v’s personal opinions ;)

Fact - the site is small.

Fact - there aint that much to offer as far as complete days fun to a none tricked up motor, without winches unless you want to watch the tricked up motors get stuck in the valley and winch themselves back up again.

Fact - people with normal motors, require a little more than just a flat surface to drive on , possible mounds and deeps (without being extreme) and some place need easy exit routes, just in case people bottle it or do not wish to continue. Slindon for example - always an escape route.

Opinion - would you pay good money to a site (pay and play site) just to drive into a valley and winch out all day - not fun. whilst in traffic jam because of no room because not enough areas to play in. I wouldn't normally, but I did just the once for this site. I shall not again for a long time because of previous comment.

Also - that is all you (BandL) and Fairys1 do on this forum - I have not seen much else from you two. Infact Fairys1 has only appeared on this part of the forum - which is advertising your small site. Is that alloud on this forum - I thought 20posts min to advertise...... ????

You are right that the site is not as large as some others but then it is also larger than some others….

Like where? I don't know that many - apart from Gotwick - but that shut years ago now, and that site was brilliant - every month I was there, as I was a marshall. but bril site. It advertised in the paper as off road tyres only - do you?

Enjoy