Grease noise deadening?

Having took the advice of a respected member of the forum, I acquired a grease gun and 12 tubes of JCB's

blue lithium grease, ready to use on the rear prop shaft as and when I get it.

Having a new toy and wanting to play I decided to grease the front prop shaft (both UJ's and slider).

Note 1st. job ever without issues :D , anyway I'm driving along this morning and I don't know if it's

my imagination or wishful thinking but the motor seems quieter. Is this possible or is it me

just being a Muppet?

I'm glad you can get ur greaser to work, mine perpetually fires grease at me at the most unopertune moment!!! I think it has a life of its own.

I've hear tales about G/Guns being a nightmare :( . I tried searching the web to find which works best

and all I could understand is they are all as bad as each other :ph34r: ! The one thing I did learn was

don't get a cheap one! Other than that it seems to be anybodies guess :blink:

Luckily for me the local Digger guy had 3 and gave me one of them (for nothing ;) ) , he told me

how to load it and what to do, it's a side leaver job made in Spain, got home followed his instructions

and it worked 1st. pump. It'll probably be all down hill from here though :lol:

I've hear tales about G/Guns being a nightmare :( . I tried searching the web to find which works best

and all I could understand is they are all as bad as each other :ph34r: ! The one thing I did learn was

don't get a cheap one! Other than that it seems to be anybodies guess :blink:

Luckily for me the local Digger guy had 3 and gave me one of them (for nothing ;) ) , he told me

how to load it and what to do, it's a side leaver job made in Spain, got home followed his instructions

and it worked 1st. pump. It'll probably be all down hill from here though :lol:

I actually noticed mine was made in Germany... perhaps its becasue I haven't got an "audi" style operating manual for it.

How are you meant to load greese guns?

Unscrew the nozzle end of the gun, pull back the plunger at the bottom of the cylinder, then take the large cap off the grease cartridge and insert that into the cylinder, push it all the way in then remove the small cap from the cartridge, now screw on the gun nozzle end to the gun, not too tight just a few turns so it bites, Push the plunger all the way in then pump away, it should only take a few strokes to 1 let any air out and 2 for the grease to flow, once the grease is coming out tighten the nozzle end fully and away you go :D

I'm driving along this morning and I don't know if it's my imagination or wishful thinking but the motor seems quieter. Is this possible or is it me just being a Muppet?

Possibly a bit of placebo effect (you want it to be better so it does sound better) but more likely you've filled all the gaps and spaces with grease and it isn't banging about so much now!