Painting the truck

As I have been steadily buying and replacing parts of my 90 with items from donor vehicles the colors vary a bit from blue to white and a bit of green so I thought rather than shelling out for a pro-re-spray I would just brush paint it with some green paint. Then I found a chap selling ex-Gulf war light stone paint so I bought a job lot and decided to go for the military sand look rather than the multi-color clown car from the circus look.

I had been given a brand new HVLP spray system by a friend who’s husband works for the manufacturing company.

I was skeptical as I once tried an airless sprayer and it was carp but I have to say it give a great finish with very little overspray. So if you are thinking of a home re-spray try HVLP it great.

Cheers

post-13733-128121365019_thumb.jpg

post-13733-128121367365_thumb.jpg

post-13733-128121368675_thumb.jpg

aha! i knew you couldn't be right about everything! I've waited, and now my chance has come! White wheels are wrong, with a capital WRONG. I concede the white roof may work, though i'd go sand. But the wheels? Oh no no no no no. Black maybe to break things up. Discuss......

hmmm. you're thorough, western. i give you that. i think sand on top, black arches on boots. just my suggestion. ;)

Well the answer is the roof and body are both going to be sand as I rubbed the corrosion down on the panels and then gave it a coat of special(needs)metals primer and thats bright pink so its sand or look like a 1750kg rasberry ripple with sand, so sand it is, maybe black wheels and eyebrows/spats will post images.

Cheers All ;)

That looks good. Which HVLP system did you get?

I saw an Earlex (I think?) one in use, and was very impressed. Will probably get one when the time comes to re-spray the 110.

Sorry missed the question..

I got a Wagner Spraytech HVLP powerspray I think. I can recomend them apparently they warm the air as it flows through the system so it gathers more paint and speeds drying.....bloody clever stuff.

Cheers

Sorry missed the question..

I got a Wagner Spraytech HVLP powerspray I think. I can recomend them apparently they warm the air as it flows through the system so it gathers more paint and speeds drying.....bloody clever stuff.

Cheers

Hi Minime,

Thats great news for me!

I will be painting soon and was going to be buy an HVLP gun for the purpose.

Can you confirm the model? And possibly cost of the gun....... :)

Cheers

G

Hi,

I didnt have a box as mine had been a brand new (two years ago) but unboxed disply model.I have searched for mine on the net I think it is a W550 (DISCONTINUED)but the newer version of mine is the Wagner Spraytech W660 Fine Spray Try these people they seem reasonable.

My link

All the best with the paint job.

James :)

Hi Minime,

Thats great news for me!

I will be painting soon and was going to be buy an HVLP gun for the purpose.

Can you confirm the model? And possibly cost of the gun....... :)

Cheers

G