Range Rover Classic Bullbar fitting

Pollarhullar

I have been the proud owner of a classic rangie for 8 months and have recently obtained a set of immaculate bullbars for same. Without actually looking too much, I am wondering how easy a job it is to fit same. Incidentally the EFI Vogue has the front lower spoiler, which I am quite happy to remove. I would appreciate all help and assistance. Thamks in anticipation.

The bar fits onto the chassis where the front bumper is bolted, normally using the same bolts to pass through both BB & bumper. If you are retaining the spoiler you will need to cut two vertical slots in it to accomodate the mounting plates. Remember that a bullbar (better described as a brush-bar) will add about 20kg to the front suspension & is only as strong as the chassis leaders that it is bolted to, hit something hard (like a bull :lol: ) & you will suffer more frontal damage than if you didn't have the stupid thing on there in the first place :angry: Sorry, just my personal opinion.

I had a OEM bullbar with the rubber covered uprights. I cut it down to make a neat A bar and got it powder coated.

However I needed a tow one day and the thing snapped a mounting bolt then buckled badly because the tow point was so low on one side.

However I'd argue it was harldy strong enough to damage anything but the rustiest of chassis. I've fitted another one but added a jack-mate for towing.

A bullbar is pretty essential if you go offroad

Utterly untrue!

If you have eyes in your head and any sort of connection between them, your brain and your arms and legs then you absolutely do not need a bull bar off road.

As said above, it is more likely to do more damage to your bodywork than not having one.

Utterly untrue!

If you have eyes in your head and any sort of connection between them, your brain and your arms and legs then you absolutely do not need a bull bar off road.

As said above, it is more likely to do more damage to your bodywork than not having one.

Bish is right, fit a bull bar and i guarante you will do more damage to your body work with it than without, if it's a wrap around design you can expect some luvly creases in your wings. Don't be fooled in to thinking that a bullbar will offer any decent protection. In my experience they fold up just looking at a sapling. If you must fit a bullbar your better off looking for a aussi spec roo bar like an ARB bumper. Even then trim the side wings off cos as soon as you try to go backwards they will get caught up.

However if you want it as a fashion statement and somewhere to wrap a rope around go for it :ph34r:

Brookers

Utterly untrue!

I agree, back in the eighties I did a lot of 'laning in series LR's with nothing more than grills over the front lights. Of the five 4x4's I've bought over the last eleven years (four RRC's & a Landcruiser) four came with bull-bars already fitted, each one was removed & sold to someone that thought they 'needed' it. As opinion has stated on this thread a BB looks gross on a RRC :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Regardless of the postings here, but more to do with recently seeing such a bar on a RRC I have decided not to go ahead with said 'modification'. On the vehicle in question it appeared to have a definite twist, ie did not sitlevel, regardless of this I did not like the overall appearance!

Good man!