arranging a courier to collect an ebay item

steve_a

Hey all,

never done this before but I might bid on something many miles away and wondered if anyone had tried the process of setting up a courier to collect from the seller.

any suggestions on who to use would be welcome as would the actual process, I can't expect the guy would be happy if I say to sit in between 8am and 5pm on a weekday, so are there more sensible options?

Steve

Hey all,

never done this before but I might bid on something many miles away and wondered if anyone had tried the process of setting up a courier to collect from the seller.

any suggestions on who to use would be welcome as would the actual process, I can't expect the guy would be happy if I say to sit in between 8am and 5pm on a weekday, so are there more sensible options?

Steve

Two options.

LR4x4 relay... or maybe www.postvan.com

I have a gear box and transfer box that I need to move from Cornwall to Norwich and Bedford. Will probaly use postvan to pallet them.

Surely the usual way it works is that you buy it, and pay for carriage, and he sends it?! Why should you be worried about shipping it? That's the sellers job...

I'm assuming it's an LR item you're buying of course, otherwise this thread might be considered a tad OT... <_<

Guest diesel_jim

We use city-link at work, and apart from the odd occasion when they've screwed right up, you can book them within a 2 hour window which helps a bit.

X-Eng use:

http://www.interparcel.com/

Interparcel beats all of the above on cost, at least for parcels over 5kg and having sent several hundred parcels through them - I'm quite impressed with the service, the tracking and the response when it all goes wrong.

You get a choice of which individual courier they send it with so if you have a particular like or dislike of a courier you can select appropriatly.

Most couriers tend to ignore booked collection times. They do their deliveries in the morning then collections in the afternoon.

DHL almost always pick up around 2pm from me.

Si

Thanks for all that - one of those has *got* to work :)

The seller has said collection only, I messaged him to check that he was OK with a courier if I sorted it out.

btw - total land rover content, it's a winch.

Not in the league of the ORRP pikey relay.. :-)

Whatever you do, Don't use ParcelFarce! I have spent half of today on the trail of an order that was apparently refused by the adressee (my work address) but that never even got near the building!

Grrr! :angry2:

</rant>

Surely the usual way it works is that you buy it, and pay for carriage, and he sends it?! Why should you be worried about shipping it? That's the sellers job...

I have sold a few items and when I can't sort or work out how to get it delivered I say it has to be collected