300tdi Oil Pressure gauge

Hi folks, m looking into fitting an oil pressure gauge to my mud console. How do i go about doing it as regards to wireing it up as well as the oil pressure light. It will be electric gauge also, not mechanical... Something like a durite gauge maybe. Ive done a search nothing has really come up for a 300tdi, and to be honest i have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone recommed a gauge that should be in a land rover (I know its personal preference but still)... So far im using a volt meter and oil pressure gauge any one got an ideas. (land rover is pretty standard)

Many thanks in advance, Josh

I fitted one to my 200tdi. I purchased an aftermarket gauge with sender. Most after market gauges seem to have a 1/8NPT thread on the sender, the thread on the LR pressure switch is 10mmx1mm. So I purchased a T-piece with 10x1 male - 10x1 female with a 1/8NPT female on the side, then simply fitted it all together. This enabled me to fit the gauge and still have the benefit of the warning light too.

• 9 months later...

I'm thinking of fitting a mechanical durite oil pressure gauge to my 200tdi and I was just going to remove the oil pressure switch and fit the feed to the gauge in its place. Would this work, or is there any other blanking plugs I could use instead?

Also, the gauge came with all the adaptors and there seems to be one that is willing to thread in but I think I would like to keep the pressure switch too? Where would I get a T piece from?

[name=Alastair Dixon' timestamp='1310849725' post='595696] I'm thinking of fitting a mechanical durite oil pressure gauge to my 200tdi and I was just going to remove the oil pressure switch and fit the feed to the gauge in its place. Would this work, or is there any other blanking plugs I could use instead?

Also, the gauge came with all the adaptors and there seems to be one that is willing to thread in but I think I would like to keep the pressure switch too? Where would I get a T piece from?

I used these 2.5 petrol & n/a & TD diesel parts on my Defender spec 200tdi, oil filter head is common to all the pre-300Tdi 2.5 litre engines

photo's of my set up & modified parts page with hand drawn parts & numbers attached.

post-20-0-33163100-1310851699_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-10771200-1310851707_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-92220800-1310851720_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-57826800-1310851734_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-32763300-1310851743_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-11455200-1310851750_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-96542500-1310851755_thumb.jpg

oil pressure gauge trnamitter fittings.pdf