alternative seats in a 90

Range rover classic seats, have the same width mountings as standard 90 seats, but shorter depth. I replaced the seat box covers with thicker steel. Used the front mounts to bolt through the seat runners, then the new steel plate, then into the seat box. The rear of the front seats mount through the new steel plate, and the rear of the steel plate bolts to the standard seat mounts.

Easy.. But annoying you can't get to the batteries easily. I have used an 'Anderson' plug from one of the batteries just in case I ever have to jump it or somebody else... then you can buy (or make) some special 'anderson to battery clip' leads for jump leads...

• 8 years later...
On 10/21/2010 at 11:41 PM, draper40 said:

I picked up the whole interior of a classic range rover for £80. Fitted the back bench seat in my 90 then sold the RRC front seats for £100, so they cost me -£20!!

Very comfy and they tip so you can still access the battery!

Pete

post-7036-022081000 1287697273_thumb.jpg

Hello that just looks awesome, if your still on This forum i Would like to ask if you have any more pics so i Can see How you have Done it or if you Can tell me? Im very intrested, but wow 9years ago.... , but still very cool! -:Max