What are my wheels/tyres worth

marsie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to put my wheels/tyres up for sale shortly and wondered how much to ask.Dont want to give them away but they have to go due to the amount of space they take up.They are-

Simex jungle trekker2s on deep dish modular wheels

5 complete wheels/tyres

1 brand new never been on car(silver wheel)

4 approx 12mm tread in center loads on edges(painted orange wheels)

Been used for winch challenges for 18 months so they have usual cuts/bruises as you would expect but nothing serious enough to matter.only forsale due to fitment of mach5 beadlocks and 36"extreme trekkers.These wheels/tyres cost me about £1200 18 months ago

What they worth?

Paul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd say arround the 500 mark for JTs, ETs will fetch a little more.

Ebays often a good place to pop them with a reserve of maybe £400.

Edited to add I let a friend have 3 used 33x11.5x16 JTs off rims for £150 a couple of years ago which was VVVV cheap.

If i remember correctly they are 10"x15".Gutted cos my mate just emailed me to say he had just bought a set of 4 for £500 :o

Paul

I got £650 for my trekker 2's for 5 one never used

but there a better tyre.

£500 would be a fair if not cheep

Thanks for the info everyone.have put them up on another forum for £650ono but am willing to negotiate cos as i said,when my new wheels arrive they will take up too much room in my already cramped garage.If they dont sell i will try them on ebay.Would be a good set for someone cos there is still loads of tread left and no serious damage

Paul

My mate has just shown me his "new"simexs :o .Now he is seriously p*ssed off cos the 4 he bought have about 4mm in the center and have clearly been recut.

Told him mine would be coming up for sale but he couldnt wait.So now he is trying to figure out how he can afford to buy my 5 as well :blink: as mine have about 3 times as much tread left and havent been recut :lol:

Oh well!!!

Paul