300tdi viscous fan nut spanner thingymajob

hello

i need to use on of these viscous fan spanner things for like 5 mins just to remove the fan as am fitting some modeo electric ones,

it there anybody in the northwest, chester area that has 1 and would lend me it for 5-10 mins?

or is there some kind of other way i can get it undone?

Jam fan belt with a rag or two, big spanner and a lump hammer. Just make sure you hit the spanner in the direction it needs to go rather than 'into' the bearing, where you might damage it.

Remember it's LH thread ;)

hello

i need to use on of these viscous fan spanner things for like 5 mins just to remove the fan as am fitting some modeo electric ones,

it there anybody in the northwest, chester area that has 1 and would lend me it for 5-10 mins?

or is there some kind of other way i can get it undone?

leave it on?

Quick question, I have a Mondeo single fan, didn't think I could get a double fan combo onto the back of the radiator, how you manage it?, you have any photos?

Mav

leave it on?

Quick question, I have a Mondeo single fan, didn't think I could get a double fan combo onto the back of the radiator, how you manage it?, you have any photos?

Mav

i havent yet but will do over the weekend,

will be just using the fans and make my own shrowd/framework.

theyr probably going to end up over lapping a little.

tom

I've just had an issue with the viscous fan spanner, i lost mine but didn't realise until the day i was taking it off, so i ended up using some old thick steel sheet we had on the farm and cut one out with the angle grinder!

it took a while to carefully get the opening to the required 32mm and i had to give it a tap to get it on the nut, but it worked well!

i don't expect it to last too long but really how often to you use them anyway? :)

and here's a pic i took after making it, basic and not pretty, but did the job!

med_gallery_16965_1052_77586.jpg