Recycling Cats

leon_81

Does anybody know where I can recycle the Cat from my 300TDI preferably for a few quid? I sold an old Peugeot one a few years back on eBay, but there don't seem to be any Discovery ones on there

Also, does anyone know how much one is worth in terms of recycling?

I've done a search on here but couldn't find anything...

Thanks

decent scrap metal yards buy them. My yard looks in them with a torch to check pikey's not taken out the inside and added different weight! You need to trust the scrappy, they buy them on visual inspection only and for all I know I get ripped off.

However, original car type cats are £30-60 but after market ones £1 only.

Scrap man took my RRC away this morning, we were having a natter about Ebay and the price people pay for some stuff and he mentioned he had been bidding on a Nissan Primera cat, it went beyond his £55 max, said he gets around £80 for a catalytic convertor.

Hope that helps.

Cat man used to come round our unit, we'd get around those sort of prices for OEM and about a tenner for an aftermarket if that. He wasn't bothered about how well they worked again he just checked they were still full of the right stuff.

I've got to say though if they've stopped buying them form people they don't know that has to be a good thing. A mate of mine just got ripped off for 3 sets of alloys in his shed, plus the damage to his car getting past it. Turns out the pickup they were driving had stolen plates too so it wasn't done on the offchance.

Metal theft is on the up again.