Disco doors hard to open

billysmart

Hi Folk, i have had a problem with the passenger door for some time where i pull the handle the door will just not open, now i am having the same problem with the drivers door. Is there any adjustments that can be made to the mech so that it releases the catch to open the door without pulling the handle off? :huh: , the rear doors are fine as they dont get used as much.

Many Thanks in advance

Paul

It is probably the spring in the latch which keeps the lock button up. It's a common problem and usually requires a new spring in the lock.

If the handle pulls OK and is not stiff but it just won't open, then that is probably the reason.

Could be wrong though.

If the handle pulls OK and is not stiff but it just won't open, then that is probably the reason.

Could be wrong though.

The handle is fine, no catching or stiffness, is the spring a LR part or will just a replacement spring do the job, any ideas where to get one....two...

Many Thanks

Hi, Had a similar problem on my old 200tdi. When I took the door trim off I could see a nylon plunger that operated the locking mechanism was bending instead of staying straight. Gave the whole lot a good spray with WD40 which helped for a while but didn't cure it permenently. Someone may have a fix without buying new lock.

Regards.