"supercharging" your heater

3 minutes ago, western said:

Joined in to the original blower motor wiring, so both fans run.  Pretty sure wiring isfiscussed within the thread. 

Found the fan runs continuously connected to purple feed to heater. How is the existing switched earthed? 

Ok I think I’ve realised how it works. The other 2 wires green/slate green/yellow go back to the switch to earth. I can connect to both wires and it will earth depending on which position the switch is in? If it’s connected to one it will only work on one of  the settings? 

7E604866-F839-4ECB-B8F1-237ED292FF5A.jpeg

The switch has two positions (plus ‘off’) and the common side of it is connected to 0 volts (ground). The switch position determines what low voltage connection the motor sees (it has the higher, +12 volt connection on the other terminal).

When switched to the first position, the connection to 0 volts from the motor is provided through a resistor. This means that the motor doesn’t ‘see’ the full voltage across its terminals and runs slow.

In the second position, the connection to 0 volts is direct from the motor and so all the voltage is available at the motor and it runs at full speed.