Halleys of Dorking

mickeyw

I used to go to David Halley at Brockham near Dorking for a lot of my LR parts. His encyclopedic knowledge of the parts books took some beating, and also a good person for sourcing hard to find parts, not to mention a good general chat.

I have been trying to phone him for the last 3 weeks, without any luck.

Does anyone know of his whereabouts? Is he on holiday, or has he decided to put his parts book back on the shelf for good? I hope not the latter.

• 2 weeks later...

Been doing some digging on this, as it is fairly local to me and i had never heard of him.

Can't find much on David Halley, However there is someone (His son?) called Paul Halley running Pegasus Parts. They make brand new bulkheads for Series Landys i belive.

Having looked at Pegasus Parts website before, they are bloody expensive. If you need parts and are down this way, i would recommend going to Insideout 4x4 in Capel :)

Been doing some digging on this, as it is fairly local to me and i had never heard of him.

Can't find much on David Halley, However there is someone (His son?) called Paul Halley running Pegasus Parts. They make brand new bulkheads for Series Landys i belive.

Having looked at Pegasus Parts website before, they are bloody expensive. If you need parts and are down this way, i would recommend going to Insideout 4x4 in Capel :)

Yes, Paul is David's son. I've not heard of Pegasus parts though, but if they make series 1 bits they will be expensive anyway!

I know Inside Out 4x4, but David's business is/was a very different affair, dealing almost entirely in parts, and happy to export to far flung places. If you need something rare for a series 1, military, or anything rather obsure/ no longer available there was a fair chance he might have it, or at least know where to find it.

Be good to know of his whereabouts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - Just seen your question about Dave Halley. His business is temporarily not trading as he has been ill. We are currently in the process of taking on Halley's, with Dave's blessing, as a going concern and will be able to offer Landrover Parts at the same competitive price and with an extensive knowledge of Land Rover parts. Bear with us whilst we are sorting stock and premises but hope to restart trading within the next two weeks. We'll post some info on this site when we are ready. Andy and Ian.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im sorry that getting Halleys up and running is taking its time but we are now quite near to be opening soon. Myself (Ian) and Andy have bought all the stock from 'Halleys of Dorking', we have also bought the customer list and more importantley his 'stock list'.

It has taken an age to pack all the stock and find a new premises to run it from, also to arrange an accontant, bank accounts, visa machines, telephone line etc, the list seems endless!

The new company will be called 'Halleys of Surrey' and will be located at 'Redhill Aerodrome'. We hope that we will carry on the good work David Halley started many years ago, and we will hopefully be guided by his expertise as he is very interested to see this venture succeed.

We will be getting a BT phone line and internet connection installed by the end of next week and will announce all contact details very soon.

David Halley is doing well and I can pass on your emails or post to him if you would like.

Once again sorry for the delay,

Regards, Ian

Im sorry that getting Halleys up and running is taking its time but we are now quite near to be opening soon. Myself (Ian) and Andy have bought all the stock from 'Halleys of Dorking', we have also bought the customer list and more importantley his 'stock list'.

It has taken an age to pack all the stock and find a new premises to run it from, also to arrange an accontant, bank accounts, visa machines, telephone line etc, the list seems endless!

The new company will be called 'Halleys of Surrey' and will be located at 'Redhill Aerodrome'. We hope that we will carry on the good work David Halley started many years ago, and we will hopefully be guided by his expertise as he is very interested to see this venture succeed.

We will be getting a BT phone line and internet connection installed by the end of next week and will announce all contact details very soon.

David Halley is doing well and I can pass on your emails or post to him if you would like.

Once again sorry for the delay,

Regards, Ian

Ian,

I'm pleased to hear this news, and that David so keen to help you succeed.

I'm also happy to know that you are setting up so close to my doorstep. Hopefully we'll meet in the coming months.

Good luck with your new venture.

Ian,

I'm pleased to hear this news, and that David so keen to help you succeed.

I'm also happy to know that you are setting up so close to my doorstep. Hopefully we'll meet in the coming months.

Good luck with your new venture.

Thank you for your kind reply. If you want to send me your email address I will contact you as soon as we are up and running.

Look forward to meeting you,

kind regards, Ian

Cant wait to see this company up and running.

David always provided a brilliant service and top prices only surpassed by his stunning encyclopedic knowledge of Land Rover parts from the very earliest to the newest.

• 2 weeks later...

Ian,

On discovering your thread we learn that David Halley has not been well. We were neighbours for many years and David enjoyed the company of our cats who were naturally drawn to his garden.We recognise the service David offered was impeccable and we wish you every success in continuing his work.

Please forward our regards to him.

The Witkowski Family.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will pass your kind words on to David as we are usually in contact most days!

It has taken us so much longer than we thought to get 'Halleys of Surrey' up and running but we are getting there at long last, just got to master the old computer system and transfer it onto something a bit more up to date!

Once again thank you, Ian

Ian,

On discovering your thread we learn that David Halley has not been well. We were neighbours for many years and David enjoyed the company of our cats who were naturally drawn to his garden.We recognise the service David offered was impeccable and we wish you every success in continuing his work.

Please forward our regards to him.

The Witkowski Family.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ian, how are things progressing? Do you have an opening date yet?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We should be opening in the next 2 to 3 weeks, we seem to have most things in place now so fingers crossed. As soon as I have a fixed date I will post a message with contact details.

Thanks for your interest,

Regards, Ian

• 1 month later...

Any news on progress yet?

I only live two mins down the road and this would be great for me.

Steve

We are now up and running (ish), still setting up trade accounts but do have some stock on the shelves. Please ring 01737821272. At the moment we are only open mon to fri but please ring first so I can explain whereabouts we are.

Thank you Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Where are you guys? I often visit the areodrome(taking the kids to watch the aircraft and helicopters and there's a great cafe there too) but could not find workshop "No2" when I tried today, I recieved your letter saying you were up and running so wanted to try you rather than going online.If the forum will not let you give out your location you could PM me Angus (I spent loads with David in the last few years)

Where are you guys? I often visit the areodrome(taking the kids to watch the aircraft and helicopters and there's a great cafe there too) but could not find workshop "No2" when I tried today, I recieved your letter saying you were up and running so wanted to try you rather than going online.If the forum will not let you give out your location you could PM me Angus (I spent loads with David in the last few years)

Sorry, but I was not at the unit today.

Im waiting for my signs so it will then be easier to find, but we are in the top righthand corner as you enter the main area (BRISTOWS) , we are opposite EBM FOODS/WILTSHIRE FARM. We are in a white building with 3 small roller shutters to one side.

Give me a ring and I will explain better or if you are in the carpark I will come out and wave to you!

Regards ,Ian

The post code given in the Thompson local is RH1 5DP.

When you Google the post code it directs you to a building in the middle of the airfield!!!

Is that where you are guys? If so, what do you do about getting past the barrier?

Steve

Sorry, but I was not at the unit today.

Im waiting for my signs so it will then be easier to find, but we are in the top righthand corner as you enter the main area (BRISTOWS) , we are opposite EBM FOODS/WILTSHIRE FARM. We are in a white building with 3 small roller shutters to one side.

Give me a ring and I will explain better or if you are in the carpark I will come out and wave to you!

Regards ,Ian

• 2 months later...

Ian, it was great meeting you the other day and fantastic to see Halleys up and running again and seeing all those stock bins lined up on the wall.

For anyone trying to find Halleys, here is a quick map I made of where they are on Redhill aerodrome.:

halleys_location_map.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,I know this is an old post but, I am trying to find a local (Non main dealer) Landrover spares supplier, are you still trading or has the recession got the better of you? Angus 07876505267