Making a V8 Serpentine, sort of

Is it possible to put a serp. crank pulley on a non-serpentine V8? I know nothing else will be right, that's not a problem, I just wanna know if the serp pulley will bolt on without having to do timing cover & sump.

Edited to add: The lump is a 4.6 if that makes a difference

I will take a pic later when I get home.

No idea of part number as it was on there when I get the engine, it was Chelsea Tractor's old engine.

AFAIK, Chealsea Tractor's engine was/is a 4.2l straight from an LSE - perhaps for an A/C pump?

Chris

I was led to understand it had been rebuilt with a new block when the original one cracked/went porous, so don't know if anything was changed at that time.

Is was, I saw it getting done. The block, bearings etc. are only a couple of thousand miles old. Crank and rods are the original 4.2 items. Not sure about pistons - I guess they are 4.2 specific so are not new. IIRC the short block was brand new, not a re-con and was F*****g expensive!

Chris

Is it possible to put a serp. crank pulley on a non-serpentine V8? I know nothing else will be right, that's not a problem, I just wanna know if the serp pulley will bolt on without having to do timing cover & sump.

Edited to add: The lump is a 4.6 if that makes a difference

Not sure, but I'm interested to see what you come up with - I'm planning to rebuild my old engine as a serpentine, but I'm open to cheaper and easier options... :lol:

So far I've got an alternator from a serpentine LSE (accidentally - bought the wrong one) and a timing cover, so quite a few bits still to aquire, some of them likely to be pricey and/or difficult to get hold of.