Sherpa waterpump pulley removal

minivin

Ok, I'm assuming this thing is a left hand thread to get the viscous heap off? using two metre tubes and bits to try and remove the heap didn't move it and the pulley is now damaged, short of throwing petrol and a match at the effing nosiy smelly rattly effing heavy lump of putrid diesel engine is there a way to get this viscous off, with a V8 sat in the shed ready to go in I really can not justify wasting money on this heap of an enigne :(

Oh yeah, also when I removed the water temp sensor a few days ago to change it, there was a massive air gap in the top of the head, water didn't come out till I pushed the top radiator hose, is this normal? seems to me this engine has it in for me

actually the same block & IIRC head as the 2.5n/a diesel in LR's. not having seen one of these Sherpa engines close up, I'm not sure which way the thread runs, but I would think it's a left hand as per any normal unit.

actually the same block & IIRC head as the 2.5n/a diesel in LR's. not having seen one of these Sherpa engines close up, I'm not sure which way the thread runs, but I would think it's a left hand as per any normal unit.

aiy, will see if I can get a couple piccies later, should give people something to judge it by then

well there's:

shackles or something

water temp gauge not working right

duffed cooling

internal stowage locker to be finished

holes in the tub still to be blocked

no sound system as I'm still waiting for the goddamn sterio

inverter is not wired in

still need a larger steering wheel

oil changes

o/p seal on hand brake leaking which could lead to a duffed handbrake, that may need stripping apart to sort

clutch master cylinder needs replacing

friends bday do this weekend

god daughters bday this weekend

friends m/bike to be finished wired so she makes her bike rally

dad's m/bike to be finished

deal with work since they just disposed of my contractor who was doing the grunt work for me, oh yeah, they also cleared out most of the contractors and cut all overtime, still want me to do additional work though, and deal with incompotent installations people who don't follow the drawings

must have forgotten a few things to add to my 25 hour day :(

The fan will always unscrew in the opposite direction to that in which it turns when driven by the engine - such that it tightens itself while the engine is running.

Buy a proper tool for it - and smack it with a hammer. The fan will come off easy enough. You may need to jam something in the fan belt to stop it slipping.

Si

well there's:

shackles or something

water temp gauge not working right

duffed cooling

internal stowage locker to be finished

holes in the tub still to be blocked

no sound system as I'm still waiting for the goddamn sterio

inverter is not wired in

still need a larger steering wheel

oil changes

o/p seal on hand brake leaking which could lead to a duffed handbrake, that may need stripping apart to sort

clutch master cylinder needs replacing

friends bday do this weekend

god daughters bday this weekend

friends m/bike to be finished wired so she makes her bike rally

dad's m/bike to be finished

deal with work since they just disposed of my contractor who was doing the grunt work for me, oh yeah, they also cleared out most of the contractors and cut all overtime, still want me to do additional work though, and deal with incompotent installations people who don't follow the drawings

must have forgotten a few things to add to my 25 hour day :(

Shackles... Tonk has.

Steering wheel.... sure we can source some thing.

Stereo... we have a spare if you want it.

Inverter... 4 other trucks have so no real need.

ALL OTHER WORK WE WILL HELP WITH IF YOU COME DOWN AT THE WEEKEND.

Other stuff you should be able to manage if we sort the above??

I can't be dealing with this thing anymore, the BBC weather forecast says rain into next week and it's all bodges for stuff that I have ready to fit if I had the V8 and LT77 in. Driving a hagged diesel will not be a relaxing trip and that's the least I need at this moment

Hi Rob.

So does this mean you are now pulling out of this years trip, disspite a few minor problems!!

We do need to know if you are coming or not as we need to make arrangements for Rich if not. Also if your not coming send back the EP90 as we'll need it for the trip, as it sounds like you will not be needing as soon as us.

Hope however you can see beyond what you feel is a long list, and allow others to assist you so that you can enjoy this years trip, but thats up to you.

Engine: if you are so determined to pull the Diesel, I have a buyer lined up for it as we speak, so take it out nicely!!

Mike

Are you making excuses here Rob?

shackles or something - Tonk sorted it.

water temp gauge not working right - How do you know that? The fan is knackered and anyway, who cares, some cars do not have one.

duffed cooling - So... a new water pump and viscous unit at worst.

internal stowage locker to be finished - I think you will live without it, the army men managed.

holes in the tub still to be blocked - gaffer tape.

no sound system as I'm still waiting for the goddamn sterio - I'll lend you my MP3 player

inverter is not wired in - I'll lend you mine, 2 croc clips on the battery, no ring main required.

still need a larger steering wheel - No, you need larger arms, they will come free with use.

oil changes - ummm, half an hour!

o/p seal on hand brake leaking which could lead to a duffed handbrake, that may need stripping apart to sort - forget it, mine has been like it forever, leave it in gear.

clutch master cylinder needs replacing - about another half hour.

friends bday do this weekend - one evening.

god daughters bday this weekend - not sure what obligation you feel here, I am not one. My daughters godparents send cards.

friends m/bike to be finished wired so she makes her bike rally - this is only you problem if you choose it.

dad's m/bike to be finished - so is this

must have forgotten a few things to add to my 25 hour day :( - work ends at 5.30

Good, I make that about 3 hours work. That includes driving up here to collect MP3 player and invertor, one evening out, some pies to help with the arm workout and a trip to the post office. Easy.

Chris

Well said Chris. Had my 90 for more than five years and still not fitted the radio. Also a good example of what can be done with pop rivets or gaffer tape :D

You've got a great chance with this trip Rob, just do it.

Chris i dont think you will change his mind but thanks for offering!

as a matter of interest with regards the steering wheel..

Rob has a bad shoulder and a tiny steering wheel and no power steering.

Some of the tracks we drive have many 3 point turns and so Mandy suggested that it might help to have a bigger one as our series does not have power steering and we find the bigger steering wheel helps.

We all feel that Robs truck will cope very well if he sorts out the few problems he has.

GM (our mountain guide) has a 110 NAD and has never found it to be not up to the job, but if Rob feels that his truck isnt ...

Regards

Mike.

P.S. the offer still stands to sort the truck, as it has been since the trip was planned.

Are you making excuses here Rob?

Chris

headaches created by day and night stress tend to lead to such :(

broken collarbone from a few years ago that never healed properly has led to a few RSI sorta issues as it tends to leave me with pain down my arm after a bit of time of lifting or moving stuff