Pinion nut

I need to change the pinion seal on the front diff of my 110 td5 and after a couple of hours taking off the propshaft and draining the diff i'm stuck at the pinion nut (bolt).

I spent half an hour or so this evening trying to move it and I gave up when it got dark. Its 15mm and I wonder if its left hand thread? or maybe I just need a bigger prybar?

Thanks for any advice.

I need to change the pinion seal on the front diff of my 110 td5 and after a couple of hours taking off the propshaft and draining the diff i'm stuck at the pinion nut (bolt).

I spent half an hour or so this evening trying to move it and I gave up when it got dark. Its 15mm and I wonder if its left hand thread? or maybe I just need a bigger prybar?

Thanks for any advice.

No, not left hand thread. More effort/longer bar required!

Regards, Diff.

you need to brace the flange, i usually get a bolt, put it through the hole in the handle of an adjustable spanner then bolt it to the flange, then hook a piece of tube into the jaw of the spanner then jam it on the floor or on the chasis, there is too much spring in the transmission to get a shock onto the nut with a breaker bar. I found you could if you had a helper get some one to stand on the brake when you do it that should improve things a bit.

Do you mean 15mm or 24mm, which I think is what it is... As above, get someone standing on the brakes, and heave, if no joy, try a bottle jack under the breaker bar.

Its 15mm the head of the bolt is what I am trying to twist.