defender wiring

I have the Ninety, One ten defender workshop manual, 1983 to 1992 covering all models.It,s printed by Brooklands under liecence from Land Rover Limited so i assumed it was the official manual but i guess i must be mistaken. If anyone knows the official genuine pucker manual can they post the title or the wiring diagrams as i want to go play.

I'd like to know the answer to this too...

The workshop manuals available on here leave something to be desired in terms of wiring diagrams. They don't show headers(connectors), for instance, nor loom taps, identification of relays or even cable cross sectional area...

The Defender MY2002 diagram on here actually shows wiring for the 300TDi too (Ignore the link to the 300 Tdi one, that's just scanned pages from the Haynes)- but has lots of useful information re cable cross-sectional area and where the units physically are on the truck, even if the majority of the electronic gizmos aren't fitted to the OP's truck.

Actually, the Haynes manual diagram is at least clearer than the 'official' manual.

I have read on here that Rave did contain wiring diagrams for trucks of that vintage too, but that they were riddled with errors? Perhaps someone would be kind enough to PDF them?

Ultimately, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to use a combination all three diagrams to make sense of what's going on in the loom, and draw up my own diagram for the modifications I make.

Pre-RAVE wiring diagrams are nowhere near as good, a combination of the WSM and the Haynes diagrams should see you through, though don't be surprised if you find differences!

At least the wiring itself is quite simple circuit-wise, on a 1991 you'll have no ECUs or anything so it's all effectively power distribution, relays and switchgear!

Thanks Ralph! That diagram appears to be more helpful than the WSM I’ve downloaded – it includes connectors for a start…

You’re right of course Retro, in my case it’s only because I want to mess with the standard wiring (as opposed to just adding additional functions via a separate fusebox) that I find myself cursing this lack of information. Though the OP presumably had fault diagnosis in mind, rather than vehicular-electrical-sado-masochism :-D

Thanks for the diagrams and legend, one slight problem though i don't think they are a matched pair.

OOPS, sorry all, chose the wrong page from my folder, here's the correct wiring diagram key, that matches the diagrams above.

post-20-0-33970500-1302271532_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Posted schematic ST 3333 is the best I've seen for defender 200tdi. In official manual for Defender, printed in 1993 (LDAWMEN93) that I use, key to schematic ST 3333 is printed but schematics not?!?

I wonder if Western could post Engine wiring schematic for 200 tdi as well (connected to connector "5" on ST 3333)?