Africa (south bits) or South America. Where to first ?

South Africa or South America  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Where should I go first?

• South America (Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Chili etc.)
    • South Africa (Namibia, Botswana Zambia etc.)

I need to decide pretty quickly where we are going first. Either that or this is going to drag on and we won't be going this year !

That cannot happen (at least i don't want it to happen)

help me choose with a poll and please post comments if you like.

Either South America or Southern Africa would be great, but for a FIRST overland, Southern Africa has a number of advantages:

1.Countries are generally well set up for independant overland travel,

2.English is spoken pretty much everywhere,

3.Vehicles drive on the left - same as UK,

4.Plenty to see and do - Game parks (spectacular wildlife), scenery etc

5.Plenty of readily available info.

Have fun,

Regards, Diff.

Im having the same debate as I seem to hear that Africa seems to be one long stream of curroption, while south america less so. Unfortunately I dont speak spanish which at the moment might mean that I'll go south initially and then maybe ship from south Africa to south America. It does depend though on how much money I can get together.

I know of someone that recently did the trip from South Africa to Ireland in 36 days sor fun which kind of sounds like more rushing than anything else.

H

Im having the same debate as I seem to hear that Africa seems to be one long stream of curroption, while south america less so. Unfortunately I dont speak spanish which at the moment might mean that I'll go south initially and then maybe ship from south Africa to south America. It does depend though on how much money I can get together.

I know of someone that recently did the trip from South Africa to Ireland in 36 days sor fun which kind of sounds like more rushing than anything else.

H

Maybe in the middle African countries but we've always been well looked after in Botswana, Namibia and South Africa. Bribeary [sp] is there but only if you give it.

36 days. Well they didn't see anything

Voted for South America...hope you like potato :ph34r:

I spent 3 months in Peru and it's a great country, such varied landscapes etc. Quite a lot of motorcycleists do overland trips over there. Might be more expensive though with shipping, exchange rates, etc etc?

If you have the time and the money then book it now, quick, before you loose both!