Anyone on here fish for carp???

As it says really or any other type of fishing for that matter???

I have fished for carp (and lots of other fish) in OZ - but that is very different to the "Coarse Fishing" used to catch carp in europe. In OZ it is illegal to throw carp (or even so much as a scale) back in the water.

I have done (and still have the gear for):

Fly fishing - fun but use a lure/bait/spinner instead if you actually want a good chance of catching something

Lure/bait fishing (mostly freshwater - murray cod, perch, etc).

Beach/Surf fishing

Deep Sea/Reef fishing

only with explosives - I had limited success with a 12 bore though, recommend No. 6, 32g, with an open choke, semi autos are best IMO although frowned on by purists with side by sides :P

my father in law is a bit of a master with carp and big catfish fishing

only with explosives - I had limited success with a 12 bore though, recommend No. 6, 32g, with an open choke, semi autos are best IMO although frowned on by purists with side by sides :P

my father in law is a bit of a master with carp and big catfish fishing

There some BIG fish over that neck of the woods Jez,I have shot a few Land locked salmon with a .243 before now that is FUN :o

some big old catfish on the danube fella, we were toying with renting out rooms to fishy people, some good offroading chucked in to boot but werent sure if anyone would be interested in it

I can do the sitting on the boat with a bottle of wine bit, its just the persuading the fish out of the water I find difficult

some big old catfish on the danube fella, we were toying with renting out rooms to fishy people, some good offroading chucked in to boot but werent sure if anyone would be interested in it

I can do the sitting on the boat with a bottle of wine bit, its just the persuading the fish out of the water I find difficult

Thats what i thought fishing was all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sitting have a few.That plan of yours sounds pretty good Jez ;)

Fishing rod in one hand, glass of wine in the other?

Throughout my fishing "career" I have caught mostly carp and eels, the two things I am least interested in catching.

An uncle of mine once shot a carp with a .303

now 303 fishing sounds cool :)

Slovakia and Hungary fishing and driving holiday? up into the Tatras and all the way into the forests of Pecs, chuck the wives out in Budapest to abuse the plastic and pick em up later, would have to be self catering

Old rangies be ok?

now 303 fishing sounds cool :)

Slovakia and Hungary fishing and driving holiday? up into the Tatras and all the way into the forests of Pecs, chuck the wives out in Budapest to abuse the plastic and pick em up later, would have to be self catering

Old rangies be ok?

We could take the toys over :)

normally do it in 14-16 hours driving from Calais. we thought of dumping a couple of rangies out there and doing a fly-drive affair, flights from Stanstead to Budapest cost peanuts (SkyEurope does the €20 flights offers - max is £120 return) fuel is about 50p a litre, beer 20p a pint, makes for a reasonabley cheap hit for fly in, fish, chill, drive, drink, sunbathe and bugger off.

normally do it in 14-16 hours driving from Calais. we thought of dumping a couple of rangies out there and doing a fly-drive affair, flights from Stanstead to Budapest cost peanuts (SkyEurope does the €20 flights offers - max is £120 return) fuel is about 50p a litre, beer 20p a pint, makes for a reasonabley cheap hit for fly in, fish, chill, drive, drink, sunbathe and bugger off.

I would rather cut me toes off with a butter knife than fly Jez :blink:

Fly fishing only for me! Masochistic pleasure standing there for hours catching nothing! I often tell myself its not the catching fish that counts. Like the sound of a 303 though. :D

Remember: theres a fine line between fishing and standing on the bank looking like a pillock!

Yep! Spent most of last week carp fishing! Had a couple of stonking days - got to the stage that as i was playing a fish on one rod the other one went...........happened 3 times!!!!!

Had 7 carp on the bank in 4 hours.......

Jon

Sounds good any decent sizes?

Biggest was about 15lbs. Average about 8lbs. Its not a big fish water really - anything over 20lbs is pretty exceptional, but good fun all the same.

One of our waters has some very big carp in and Cats to over 60lb, but its too hard for my liking - sit there all weekend without a bite time!

Jon

Biggest was about 15lbs. Average about 8lbs. Its not a big fish water really - anything over 20lbs is pretty exceptional, but good fun all the same.

One of our waters has some very big carp in and Cats to over 60lb, but its too hard for my liking - sit there all weekend without a bite time!

Jon

I know the feeling well!!! Last time i did a big hit was last yeatr fishing on Fen Drayton 90 odd acres with about 20-30 fish in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All well over 30 lb and 2 possible British Records in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 days hooked 1 fish,on for about 30 seconds then fell off,hard to tell when fishing 230+yards out after boating the baits out :( Thats carp fishing for you.

Yeah we did a session on Yateley Pads last year. supposed to be 100 fish in the lake. 5 of us on the water and not a single bite between us. I was the ony one who caught anything cause I got so bored I got the match rod out and caught a few small roach!

I dont have the time or the inclination these days to sit there for days on end. I'd rather catch 10 sub 10 lb fish than one 20+!

Yeah we did a session on Yateley Pads last year. supposed to be 100 fish in the lake. 5 of us on the water and not a single bite between us. I was the ony one who caught anything cause I got so bored I got the match rod out and caught a few small roach!

I dont have the time or the inclination these days to sit there for days on end. I'd rather catch 10 sub 10 lb fish than one 20+!

So true,time is the real killer.As you say better to go to a runs water and have a few! :)

You guys should go carp fishing in Australia, you could have about 50 3' carp in an hour in some places.

The uncle of a mate of mine wades into the creek on his property and gets them out with a pitchfork when the water is low in the dry season!!!

Yep! Carp, barbel, match fishing - whatever I fancy at the time really!

Just got back into it last season, after having 10+ years away...

Bet you SH*T yourself when you went to buy tackle,to get a GOOD 3 rod carp setup and all the carp to go with it you are easy close on 2k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT the quality of gear nowadays is 2nd to none.