Tyre Lever kits?

keithjh

Hi All,

A while ago i saw some tyre lever kits,in one of the comics, levers, bead breaker etc, anyone know who did them? and are they any good. just thought the capability to repair, change tyres etc would be handy as got a couple of overland trip coming up.

regards keith

Hi All,

A while ago i saw some tyre lever kits,in one of the comics, levers, bead breaker etc, anyone know who did them? and are they any good. just thought the capability to repair, change tyres etc would be handy as got a couple of overland trip coming up.

regards keith

It is probably not the best way but it it the cheapest - you can break the bead with a high lift jack. Some people say that driving over the tyre can work too.

Chris

It is probably not the best way but it it the cheapest - you can break the bead with a high lift jack. Some people say that driving over the tyre can work too.

Chris

Yes driving over tyre does work, done that in the past just looking for a better/safer way of doing it.

Keith

Can highly recommend Tyrepliers, but in saying that I`ve only used em on steel rims, hav`nt tried em yet on alloys, but should`nt be a problem, except for DII alloys which I`ve heards a are real bugger, and Tyrepliers had to make a different adaptor.

R&R Beaddreaker also have a great reputation, if not high than Tyrepliers, dunno where you would get em in the UK though.

Can highly recommend Tyrepliers, but in saying that I`ve only used em on steel rims, hav`nt tried em yet on alloys, but should`nt be a problem, except for DII alloys which I`ve heards a are real bugger, and Tyrepliers had to make a different adaptor.

R&R Beaddreaker also have a great reputation, if not high than Tyrepliers, dunno where you would get em in the UK though.

Thanks mate, found out that Tyrepliers are available from BAOB who are taking sets to Billing so will get some their, oh and only use steel rims anyway.

Regards Keith