Which Battery Charger 2011

I want a just-in-case 240V charger for the 90's batteries, they are both Odyssey, one about 70Ah and one about 100Ah.

I intend to keep it in the Landy so it should be as small as possible. This is important for me as I already have a good Halfords one which is too big for easy stowage.

The CTEK XS7000 seems to be highly regarded, but the reviews I have found here and elsewhere are a little old. Is there anything better/newer I should consider ?

All help gratefully received.

Regards

Richard

I want a just-in-case 240V charger for the 90's batteries, they are both Odyssey, one about 70Ah and one about 100Ah.

I intend to keep it in the Landy so it should be as small as possible. This is important for me as I already have a good Halfords one which is too big for easy stowage.

The CTEK XS7000 seems to be highly regarded, but the reviews I have found here and elsewhere are a little old. Is there anything better/newer I should consider ?

All help gratefully received.

Regards

Richard

I have a CTEK M-XS7000 and would recommend it to anyone.

In addition to the various Battery Charging Modes, it can also be used as a 13.6V, 7A power supply, which I find very useful for 'tinkering' indoors, but can also be used to keep your cars electrical system powered while the battery is disconnected.

Have a look at their current (no pun intended :rolleyes: ) Consumer range, here -

http://www.ctek.com/EN-GB/consumer/Car.aspx

Also have a look at the very useful 'Comfort-Connect' Accessories.

I have one like this My link, only branded "Tronic T4X" and cost a tenner from Lidl!

I've seen claims on other car forums that, if you open-up those Lidl Battery Chargers, the circuit board has CTEK on it.

I've seen claims on other car forums that, if you open-up those Lidl Battery Chargers, the circuit board has CTEK on it.

Very interesting - If you Google Tronic TX4 there's a lot of hits and people seem to be well pleased with them.

The only thing I have against it is that when you power it up it enters standby mode and you have to press buttons to make it start charging, this means you can't use it on a time switch - which I like to do because I've got Economy 7.

Anyone got a recommendation for a good (but reasonably priced) 24v charger?

I need to keep M4Mud's old hedge ornament topped up as the batteries are getting on a bit.

Anyone got a recommendation for a good (but reasonably priced) 24v charger?

I need to keep M4Mud's old hedge ornament topped up as the batteries are getting on a bit.

No personal experience of them, but based upon the experience of myself and friends who have 12V CTEK chargers, I would have a look at their professional range.

Two of the professional models are 24V chargers, another one is a dual 12/24V charger -

http://www.ctek.com/EN-GB/professional/default.aspx