swivel hub assembley needed

my wheel fell off on my 'g' reg 90 while travelling down a main road, a right disaster . ive been toldi need a swivel hub assembley with half shaft etc, these seem hard to find . But for a 200tdi disco there are a few about the question is would this fit a 1990 lr90 axle. cause all i can find is people selling whole axle for alot of money

what bits let the wheel loose ?

a Discovery front axle [might need the radius arms too] can be bolted to your 90, swap the brake calipers from your existing axle or you'll be playing with 2 brake lines per front caiper.

the wheel left the axle with the hub still bolted to the tire if you know what i mean .it kinda just sheared off . it seems i cant find any parts online for this i dont want to changewhole axle expense and stuff but its looking likely

I'd suspect a whole second hand axle will be cheaper than new hub, swivel and associated bearings and seals, find a good one and could save you a load of cash.

Swapping is fewer bolts than you might imagine, just helps to have a strong mate around when you do it :)

Hiya Ledbury,

I can probably say yes the swivel assembly and stub axle from a disco or early range rover WILL fit. We did this to a mates 91/92 J reg a couple of weeks ago, the only thing you have to take note of is the number of splines on the old half shafts, if they are different then take the diff from the donor vehicle as that will also bolt straight on.

And also to confirm I replaced my rear half shafts the same weekend with the shafts from the same vehicle,my truck is 1987 90, although a previous owner has changed my rear axle as it is disc braked.

Hope this helps?

where in the country are you as we have a local guy who breaks 4x4's, he charged us £50 for both front swivel assemblys with shafts and disc brakes etc and £20 for the rear, we also had a diff from him at £35 but he is in nottingham and doesnt advertise, its all word of mouth.

Paul

my wheel fell off on my 'g' reg 90 while travelling down a main road, a right disaster . ive been toldi need a swivel hub assembley with half shaft etc, these seem hard to find . But for a 200tdi disco there are a few about the question is would this fit a 1990 lr90 axle. cause all i can find is people selling whole axle for alot of money

Where about's are you may be able to help???

I'll send you a pm with my number ;)

Sounds like either the bearing retaining nuts came undone, or a wheel bearing siezed and the stub axle sheared off. Perhaps stub axle, wheel bearing kit, nuts, tab washer, etc. You really need to post a few pics in order to get better advice on what to do.

Les.