X-Deflex for 90's - need a bit of help with td5 & puma!

I've had a huge number of requests to make the X-Deflex unlock able anti roll bar to fit 90's. The good news is I have a viable prototype which will fit anything pre-td5.

It uses the tow-bar A frame mounting brackets to attach it to the chassis because these seem to be present on all models in the same location whereas the 'proper' roll bar brackets are very variable in design & location.

On later vehicles however, I believe these brackets have been deleted!

What Id like is some photos of the sides of chassis behind the rear wheel to see what bolt holes and brackets there are. Unfortunately, I do not currently know anyone with a 90 that late!

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Si

Si

I always thought the towing bracket side stays only changed layout when the fuel tank moved to the rear, (i.e. Td5 models). This would mean the brackets you need being on all vehicles upto and inc 300Tdi.

One problem I can forsee on earlier models is the absence of ARB fixing positions on the drum braked 90 axles.

I however have a later disc braked axle (300tdi) that does have the necessary brackets, so if you need a local bod to test your prototype, I'd be happy to help out :)

Simon, Do you want pics of a 50th anniversary setup too?

Also out of interest does your pre td5 system bolt to the inside or outside of the ARB brackets? reason I ask is that my Southdown tow hitch uses these mounting points already.

Cheers

Ruu

Also out of interest does your pre td5 system bolt to the inside or outside of the ARB brackets? reason I ask is that my Southdown tow hitch uses these mounting points already.

As does the standard LR tow bracketry :)

My plan on vehicles up to Td5 is to bolt to the outside of that bracket. I'm using an L shaped plate, to which the 110 style retainer bolts. This puts it in exactly the same place (in relation to the axle) as on a 110, so the rest of the kit can stay the same!

My greatest worry with the Td5 is at the existing brackets are too low down (close to the road) but to be fair, I've not tried offering one up to see how it looks!

Photo wise, what I was hoping for is a view from the side behind the rear wheel to see where the bracket / bolt holes are in relation to the axle, ground and other stuff.

Ruu - 50th & NAS would be very useful too!

My hope is to have something I can launch at Billing in Six weeks. It would make sense for it to fit as many vehicles as possible from the outset.

Thanks in advance,

Si

My plan on vehicles up to Td5 is to bolt to the outside of that bracket. I'm using an L shaped plate, to which the 110 style retainer bolts. This puts it in exactly the same place (in relation to the axle) as on a 110, so the rest of the kit can stay the same!

My greatest worry with the Td5 is at the existing brackets are too low down (close to the road) but to be fair, I've not tried offering one up to see how it looks!

Photo wise, what I was hoping for is a view from the side behind the rear wheel to see where the bracket / bolt holes are in relation to the axle, ground and other stuff.

Ruu - 50th & NAS would be very useful too!

My hope is to have something I can launch at Billing in Six weeks. It would make sense for it to fit as many vehicles as possible from the outset.

Thanks in advance,

Si

your welcome! :rolleyes:

can't get a side on view due to big tyres.