Frank Pickles and Adrian Flux

suggs

I upped my milage allowance with them this year to 6k - as I was getting close travelling to competitions etc. They will happily up the mileage, but it will be covered by a different underwriter, so the premium might change slightly.

The scheme they have negotiated is specifically for sub 5k miles, over 10 years old, and the more modified the better....

Mine is modified enough but they were unable to do more than 5k, which isn't enough for me. so i went with lancaster and so far been pleased.

Just renewed my 110s insurance with AF, I would have shopped around but I hadn't realised it was due until the day before it ran out due to AFs reminder going missing in the post apparently :rolleyes:

I get my renewal docs and new insurance certificate via email from A.F. So far very reliable, but being in insurance myself (in the whacky world of insuring playgroups and nurseries :unsure::blink: )I do tend to have stuff like expiry dates of policies fixed in my head!!!

Rang Frank Pickles today to be told that they no longer cover 4 x 4's , anyone know who the hell to insure a modified 110 with ?Spoke to Lancaster , they checked with underwriter, quote came back £1400 , I laughed and put the phone down.Why is it so hard/expensive to insure a Defender ? My modifications are :- 37" Tyres, Wheel Spacers, 2" Suspension Lift, Safari Snorkel and PTO Winch, 3 seater, van sider. Does everyone on here declare all their modifications ?

Try these guys, http://www.glynwood.co.uk. no personal experience as of yet but two members of the club I'm in have said there was a massive saving on their previous insurers and no one else could quote anywhere near them.

Quotes from club site:-

(1) Is your truck insurance up soon?....Try these guys they made a massive difference to our premiums on both trucks...

Shogun down from £600 to £300

Discovery down from £205 to £117

http://www.glynwood.co.uk/

(2) Had a quote £216 fully comp in my name!!! With NO ncb!! (this guy is 23-24 years old)

Well finally sorted out the insurance but with a very different twist in the story.

Spent some further time ringing around and finally got Adrian Flux down to £355.94 which I thought wasn't too bad compared to Lancasters £1400 :o , I did however give one more company a try "SureTerm".

SureTerm have the usual automated nonsense that you need to do before speaking to a human being so I did all that to be put through to sales. Here's where it got very interesting indeed.

On connecting to an operator I was greeted by "Shut your f'in mouth mother f'er" some dude saying "I ain't as good at insults as you" followed by "Shut your f'in mouth you spunk monkey". All this with me saying hello, hello etc to inform them that I was actually on the end of the phone. The call quickly cut to the musical interlude of hold music and quickly reconnected me with a very similar sounding operator as the proficient profanity merchant. I stated that was the most unique way I have been greeted as a new customer in my life, I continued to ask for a quote and a very very favourable one was given. I did however email their complaints department who checked the audio of the call, they apologised and discounted my quote further.

So to cut to the chase Landy insured for £200 Fully Comp, job done and I will happily allow anyone to swear at me for further discounts in the future :lol: