Freelander. What"s it worth.

hissing sid

Hi All,

Much to my disgust I have to sell my Freelander and purchase a Disco for Towing large caravan. Has anyone a rough idea of what my Freelander would be worth selling it privately or to a dealer in P/X.

2000/2001 X reg TD4S Auto in silver.105k miles.11months MOT. TAX. Very clean and tidy interior.Bodywork absolutely rust free but with a few slight "Supermarket" dings on the drivers door. Drives like a dream, uses absolutely No Oil or Water.

I"m looking to buy a clean Diesel Auto, preferably under £4000.00 or do a straight swap. Any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Friend of mine just picked up an S reg (1998/99) Freelander, 'estate' type in dark blue with grey interior, done 68K, one owner (lady) and full dealer service history. The owner decided to buy a new one and sell this one private, advertised but had no response, only fault with it was that back in the heavy snow last winter she hit a hard lump of snow on the road and the radiator sprung a leak. My mate bought it off he for £300. Bargain or what? Hardly a mark on the bodywork and immaculate inside.

Friend of mine just picked up an S reg (1998/99) Freelander, 'estate' type in dark blue with grey interior, done 68K, one owner (lady) and full dealer service history. The owner decided to buy a new one and sell this one private, advertised but had no response, only fault with it was that back in the heavy snow last winter she hit a hard lump of snow on the road and the radiator sprung a leak. My mate bought it off he for £300. Bargain or what? Hardly a mark on the bodywork and immaculate inside.

Presume it's the 1.8 K series petrol ? Some folks like the k series but a lot don't, personally I would have looked for a TD4 no matter how low the price was. I had the K series engine in a Rover 75 and it cost me a small fortune in engine repairs. The L series diesel is quite a good engine but can suffer with head failure but still, in my opinion, better than the K series.

Presume it's the 1.8 K series petrol ? Some folks like the k series but a lot don't, personally I would have looked for a TD4 no matter how low the price was. I had the K series engine in a Rover 75 and it cost me a small fortune in engine repairs. The L series diesel is quite a good engine but can suffer with head failure but still, in my opinion, better than the K series.

Not into Freelanders myself but it's a diesel engine, the one that's totally covered with a black cover and hangs very low under the bonnet. I'm sure you'll know what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...