Bumper Dye

LR NUT

The bumpers on the disco and freelander are getting on now! Nothing too major but want to get them restored to what they were like new! Question is anyone used this stuff before? Ive seen two different brands on ebay not sure which to buy tbh....any one got any pictures showing the results?

cheers :D

I'm using Autoglym Bumper Care on my '87 Ninety (defender). Its brought up the wheel arch spats and door handle brilliantly and I was half way through the grille when it started to rain and I stopped for the day.

Simple to apply. On a cloth and rub it on. IT looks wierd when it comes out of the bottle but it certainly seems to do the job.

Boot polish is also supposed to work well :). I was planning on going down that route for my wheel arches.

Hi Folks

sorry forgot to this at the start this stuff is allegedly permanent bumper dye which lasts around 7 years! Therefore it doesnt wash of etc etc.

Tried them all from shoe polish to back to black and all the stuff in between. Still haven't found anything that's 100%

I might give the Auto Glym stuff a try as sold on eBay at £5.50.

But the there's the more expensive Wurth stuff as shown below looks like it works if u can believe it.

post-5809-0-22595300-1312872901_thumb.jpg

I have used the autoglym stuff, and when I tried it it worked really well. I think it lasted a year or so before needing another treatment.

I have not tried the Wurth stuff, although I have seen the results when a friend tried it on both his alpina and his transit van, and that seemed to work really very well too - no idea how long it lasts.

Most of the other products available seem to be a silicone based polish, rather than something that takes the grey layer away, and don't last more than a couple of weeks.

I have to admit, I have never used a dye - although since you are trying to make the plastic a different colour (since the light has bleached the original) I expect it would work well.

hth

Mark