free wheeling hubs help

nicey2a

hi

i have been stripping and fixing my 2a steering system. i have ORA fwhubs when i took the fwhubs face plate off a black plate with sprung finger like bits (which i think engage a gear to lock the hub) one of the fingers are broken as i said the hubs are ORA can anyone help are these still made and can i get parts for them?

sue

Agreed,

Many swear by them, others at them, but unless you can always predict when you need 4x4, and you remember to engage them monthly to lubricate all the UJ bearings, then I'd ditch them.

Parts availability is a matter of luck, you may find exactly what you want at Sodbury, you may not. I doubt that anyone makes the parts still.

Put the standard hubs on, and keep the FWH until you find the spares.

G.

agreed, imho they cause nothing but grief & don't offer any advantage to normal driving.

as for any so called savings in fuel economy & increased acceleration, remember when they were advertised that way in the 1950's it was OK to tell bare faced lies in your adverts :)