Really harsh front ride

My 110 is bumping really hard on any little hole, as if tires were on the 50 psi. I have checked and the only things worn are the drop arm ball joint and the front radius arm bushes (the ones that go to the chassis). All nuts are tight and the bushes OK. Do you think this hard ride can come from these pair of things?

Check your prop shafts, if the sliders have sized then there is no movement for when the suspension moves, this put's a shock through your transmission system.

To me though sounds like 1 or more of your dampers are shot.. but usually they just stop damping rather than locking solid.

Also have a check of all your bushes again, sounds like you may have got metal to metal contact somewhere.

Dampers are OK (one informed 91% the other 89% in a test yesterday), they are really tough units, made for this UN version (it's supposed to be armored).

What is this slider you mention? My front prop shaft is carp, it's virtually eating uJ's every two months, the one in the front diff side....

The bushes (as you mentioned earlier) can cause very harsh bump-thump. I have just changed all of my front end bushes in stages (panhard rod (both ends), then radius arm/axle, then radius arm/chassis) and I can confirm that after each of these changes there was a marked improvement - not only in ride, but also in control. Incidentally, the radius arm bushes didn't appear at all worn, but changing them still made a dramatic improvement.

You Prop looks somthing like this below, there is a splined shaft in the middle to allow the prop to get longer and shorter taking into account the axle movement. If this gets stuck in one position, everytime you go over a bump it wont contract thus putting a shock up into your transfer box/gearbox/engine, trust me, you will notice it.

post-20087-0-61920700-1316676224_thumb.jpg

Ok, I have to say thanks to everyone, specially Maverik. I have had this harsh ride during long time, with no real solution until now. As per rule, I used to change my UJ's and the only maintenance to the slider was to add some grease once in a time. After what you said, I took out the complete propshaft and notice it was really stuck (around 20 hits with a 12 lb hammer) and the grease was only in the tip of it. After a thoroughh cleaning and greasing, I can say my car is a completely diferent one, not only in confort, but in control, there is really a lot less rolling in pot holes curves. This week I'm going to change al my front bushes, my car went up an incredible 2 cm after changing the shock absorbers bushes, I expect