RTC Steering Damper

stuck

I think the larger tyres thing is more likely the lift to fit said big tyres screwing with castor angles, not sure a larger tyre would have any effect on the RTC effect of the stock castor angle.

Really, fixing the castor angle is the way to do it, and as has been said so many times, adjusting the swivels is the way to do that.

Sorry,

Haven't explained myself very well, as Steve has said my problem is since dropping in the 4.6 my steering is so light (one figure levels of input needed with 35" tyres) and completely devoid of feel.

Someone suggested that a RTC damper may help but I'm looking for any suggestions please.

Steering is great for slow speed off road stuff but pants when you get to any twisty stuff on the road.

The problem isn't the damper then it's the hydraulics - probably the 4.6 has a higher output (pressure and/or flow) PAS pump which is not a good match to your steering box. You either want to reinstate a suitable PAS pump or find some way of controlling the pressure, shouldn't be a big challenge using off-the-shelf hydraulics bits.

Fix the problem, don't bodge around it by adding other stuff.

I run a P38 pump with standard 4-bolt box, and steering is fine, I've even been fiddling with making it lighter....

It might be worth checking the pump outlet to see if someone has been drilling it out, stock it is 3.2mm.

*edit*

OR, as I think Nige found out, there is a restrictor in the P38 hose, if you are running a hose without a restrictor then maybe this is what is mucking it all up....