inner wing/mudflap question

Hi All,

When I look i the front wheel arches of my 90 from outside I see the bulkhead outriggers through where the inner wings end. Just thought there should be something covering this bit like a mudflap or plastic liner?

I dont know what it should have as when I first had it before the rebuild these inner wings were so rotten The bottom bit had gone completely. Any one got any pictures or advice.

Cheers

J

nothing there on any 90/110, just as you see it, you could fit a homemade cover made from a rubber mat or old oil can

Thanks Ralph,

Went around the local scrap yard today and found that the inner plastic wing liners from the ford focus might fit with some modification on the section of the inner wing that gets all the muck flung up at it and ends up pebble dashed and rusts.

If I make/ adapt something I will post it up.

Cheers

James

Hi All,

When I look i the front wheel arches of my 90 from outside I see the bulkhead outriggers through where the inner wings end. Just thought there should be something covering this bit like a mudflap or plastic liner?

I dont know what it should have as when I first had it before the rebuild these inner wings were so rotten The bottom bit had gone completely. Any one got any pictures or advice.

Cheers

J

Thats what i thought when i put mine back together, couldnt remember where i had put it, so thought when it turns up i will put it on!!! :blush:

Beware of trying to block it off completely as some muck and/or road salt will always get in there but you might not get in to clean it out without attacking it from the other side (i.e. underneath the vehicle).

I have always found that regular cleaning with a garden hose prevents any build up of any muck and the chassis / footwells are still in perfect condition whreas I know from removing the plastic liners from cars that dirst gets trapped and can cause corrosion after just a very few years yet it is normally completely hidden from view.

I appear to have something like a piece of mudflap material closing this area off too. As you saw on the 200 CSW - its held on with self tappers into the inner wheel arch and just hangs down to close off the gap to the rear of the wheel ..

I will see if I can get some pictures - looks genuine to me ..