12V ceramic strip heaters for demisting

i dont bother with a heater/demister or a heated windscreen, i just smear a thick layer of Mer wax car polish on the inside of the glass and let it dry to a fine powder and gently wipe it off. Job done, no misting up for several weeks at a time.

i also use it for my spectacles, bathroom mirror, kitchen windows etc - basically anywhere that gets steamed up that i dont want to. Works brilliantly. Also very good for the outside of the landies windows and wing mirrors, as it prevents fine dew from coating the glass as it just beads into big drips and runs off.

i dont bother with a heater/demister or a heated windscreen, i just smear a thick layer of Mer wax car polish on the inside of the glass and let it dry to a fine powder and gently wipe it off. Job done, no misting up for several weeks at a time.

Some of the rainX type products are pretty good for this too - IIRC you can get one for the interior to help prevent misting and, if you have a search around, there are lots of conflicting opinions on the use of rainX on the outside. I found the interior version was helpful though.

Just out of curiosity where and for roughly what price are people getting their heated windscreens? I've been thinking about fitting one to my '94 110 for a while.

The seals are beginning to perish around edges and someone threw something out of a Saxo on the M4 about a month ago and has put a sizeable chip into the driver's viewing area (I think it's just below the 10mm diameter but will ask the guys at Challenger to have a nosey tomorrow when I drop it off). So with that chip and the seals and wanting some decent demist (although my heater's not too bad at demisting), and the fact I have a decently paid job now means that it's even more on the table than before.

Hi Ed,

Autoglass wanted about £280 and Paddocks and lrseries.com dont deliver.

I got mine from http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/acatalog/land-rover-heated-windscreens.html the are by far the cheapest if you pick up and fully delivered it was just over £200 (including the £40 insurance for delivery). .

Service was spot on (prompt repsonses to emails and order) and it came in a pukka box with excellent padding and no chance of a breakage. Really recommend them.

I used a new Britpart seal from Paddocks and it was (in my opinion) good quality. Take your time fitting (or get someone else in) as it was a bit butt puckering when fitting! :D

Hope this helps.

G :)