Bent track rod

Mangan

So I *slightly* bent my track rod (the one going from wheel to wheel?) when getting stuck in the mud. Just had a new one fitted... Is it OK to adjust the toe-in/toew-out and keep on driving, or should I replace it? Or is it possible to unbend it with a hammer and a vice?

For what they cost I would just replace it ( depending on available funds of course ) but I have driven home on a straightened one before now, not a big or bad job, if your doing it for, the cost and possible greif it's as easy to put new track rod ends on at the same time ,

Where are you? I have a Sumo bar track rod in the shed doing nothing.

according to his location, Sweden, so a bit of a way from here....

as an emergency get you home fix, bend it as straight as possible, and drive slower than normal, just in case, then replace as soon as you can

I usually order parts from Paddocks, so no problem. Yeah, I added my location after MM asked the first time, in case you wondered. ;) I'll put a new track rod on my whish list then. It's a slight toe-out at the moment < 2 mm, so no real problem in static mode. But what happens when I drive, does the tube "flex" and destroys handling (if that's a possibility...)?

Mangan, sometimes I wish we had 9 lives like the cat. But alas we do not have many lives. I will do as said above. Drive carefully home and make sure you buy a new one and get it fixed. Steering problems are a pita and the consequencies of a crash is fatal.

I bought my sumo for less than 60 pounds and got it sent to me in Norway!