Megasquirted 4-pot 2.25 Series 109!

Bowie69

Good to see a writeup showing it being done finally.

Interesting that he used multi-point injection rather than a single-point system like a throttle-body injector that is used on most modern small engines. That was the way I was looking at going, since it saved having to mess with the manifold, one would just need to make up an adaptor and bolt the TBI on in place of the carb. But hey, if it works it works and kudos to the guy for bringing it into the 21st century! :)

About time someone did it - although judging by the content he did this some time ago as the ECU is a V2 board.

Yeah I think he mentions something about 2003 in his post, very nice work on the fuel rail I thought!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay away on holidays

I do recommend doing the timing chain i did this before megasquirt and was a big improvement mine was at 68624 miles when done

Second hand Ford EA Single Point NZ$115

Fuel Pump New NZ$143

BMX sprocket New NZ$25

The Ford EA single point has built in fuel reg and the 2 main butterfly holes pretty much line up with the 2.5 inlet manifold as you can see

Some photos

1.jpg

The new fuel pump (Just removed old unit and fitted new unit does need about 5mm cut off orignal steel inlet pipe)

2.jpg

I fitted ECU in engine bay and ford EDIS mounted

3.jpg

Used BMX sprocket and made up bracket for pickup

4.jpg

Inlet Air Temp Sensor was getting heatsoak when mounted above throttle body so moved it here

5.jpg

6.jpg

Extra holes drilled for inlet man bolts

7.jpg