Disco 1 immobiliser- Help!

gingerbeemer

Hi all, been a while since last posting but really need some help.

My 98' 300Tdi Disco Auto has broken down on the driveway and i'm struggling to figure out a fix.

Vehicle turns over but wont start and I've checked all the obvious stuff.

I think its a fuel cut off solenoid issue but having looked, its fitted with a black plastic cap on the back of the pump with three wires going into it, which I think is DDS(?).

Anyway, my main question is.....can I remove this plastic cap (and how)? Can i do something with these three wires to bypass the DDS straight to the solenoid (and again, how)? And finally do I need to bypass the immobiliser system to do this (and again, how?).

I'm fairly handy with the spanners, just never come across one of these before!

Thanks in advance for any help provided

Its not possible to just bypass the immobiliser , as the immob unit (green box) has to send a signal to the EDIS computer to tell to inject and when etc . I have just used a powertrain same as yours in a 90 conversion, you can get rid of a lot of alarm system wires but the enable wire to edis is critical ! HTSH

If your disco is immobilised then the engine won't crank, If you wish to permantly disable the immobiliser function the' spider' can be fitted with a bridging link.

All D1s from 96MY will have a passive immobiliser fitted therefore will immobilise itself.

ive been reading into this on ours and i have the same fault. except mine wont crank over. but if you try to bump in it still wont start.

its very intermittent tho. when it faults the key immobilizer lights flashes on the dash. 7 out of 10 times it cures itself by dis and re connecting the battery.

from reading on the internet i believe it to be a fault in the (previously mentioned) spider unit buried in the dash.

i am yet to look into this myself on mine.

http://forums.lr4x4....hp?showtopic=86

^^^^^ read. sound likey?