Deep opening Ali Hawse availability?

RobotMan

I'm planning to fit a centre mounted winch with the intention of running it either up over or out the back.

I'm trying to find an aluminium hawse for the rear with an opening deep enough to pass a yellow competition hook through.

I guess I could change to a shackle and undo and redo each time but that seems a ballache.

I have given up on searching and thought I would ask if there is anything reasonably priced out there before making my own.

Any pointers?

Yes.

Im looking at something more like SiTrials setup.

The cage hoop is relatively simple. I'm looking for one to go at the rear big enough for the hook to pass through and back so it can go up instead.

Team idris's solution is great but mine is also a daily driver so I want everything inside when the canvas goes back on.

I see,if you know someone with access to a TIG welder and bender i bet it wouldnt be hard to make one,if you got some 20mm stainlees round bar and 4-5mm backing plate,stainless is better with synthetic rope but ally might be a bit cheaper

001jyx.jpg

I've got a fair bit of metal around that back end as well to take the force, so its not ideal. But the hook does go through the slot. You pull the pin on the top horizontal roller, flip the roller out and the hook goes between the two virtical box sections, so the rope can go virtical off the winch drum. We don't do it that way as there is all the rad in the back to feed the rope through.

But I have a plan for you so cunning you could put a nose and tail on it and call it a weasel :o

Use a standard donut fairlead on the rope and make it fit back and top positions with a socket !

Or talk to Malcolm Whitbread about some bent up tube. I got my top rope guide from him and it was notched ready to weld. I'm sure he'll have an idea of what you want for the rear crossmember. He can do way nicer tube bends than me.

Thanks fellas.

I have a few ideas in mind and making things shouldn't be too much of an issue, I was just being lazy.

I don't have a rear rad so no need to go round the houses.

I won't get back to this for a while, just trying to have a plan before I start for a change.

Oh and it will be TDS 9.5c in a Series.

I shall of course be putting a second diagonal and vertical brace into the main hoop too.

post-3874-0-98505000-1326015992_thumb.jpg

I stuck 2 virticals in, a winch drum apart. It made the winch mount a lot easier on the grey cells.

My rear winch is inside the cage (one virtical wouldn't work for me if all was central) and I bet yours will be outside. In the unlikely event you should need to, you could send the rope out forward with twin virticals?

I plan on having two U channels run front to rear secured to the main hoop and rear stay cage feet. I'll then put a plate acroos them with a vertical winch mount coming up off that such that the bottom of the winch is facing the back door. The mount will have the middle notched out so the rope can go back or up straight off the drum.

I plan on a fairly straightforward bent tube fair lead at the centre of the main hoop with bracing below it. At the back I'll cut a hole in the back door and have the rear hawse so it sticks through it when shut.

It will be make it up as I go Fab lol!

I would draw a picture but it's too much grief on this phone.

The picture doesn't add much but I've put it on anyhow.

post-3874-0-83659800-1326563886_thumb.jpg