Props - taking out the slack

JST

I had a cat at Burgess weave some karma for a couple of radical props, they had like an earth mumma size slip joint - my chakras were aligned after that, much bigger than the feeble ones supplied by "the man"

I can see the music from my diesel stack...................

If you want a bodge solution then you can tighten the slip joints up a bit by running a couple of circumferential beads of weld around the outside of the female spline. Make sure the male shaft is inside the female before doing this . Do one ring at a time, making sure you don't penetrate to much or the male may get stuck inside and won't slide in and out comfortably.

Time for a cold shower.

Bill.

If you want a bodge solution then you can tighten the slip joints up a bit by running a couple of circumferential beads of weld around the outside of the female spline. Make sure the male shaft is inside the female before doing this . Do one ring at a time, making sure you don't penetrate to much or the male may get stuck inside and won't slide in and out comfortably.

Time for a cold shower.

Bill.

I have used the trick of shrinkage on older (hard to replace) shafts and it works very well, but the 90 front and rear shafts have a blue plastic coating on the splines ............ its usually this that wears causing the slackness.

The coating looks like plastic and breaks like plastic ... but is probably something entirely different! :rolleyes:

Ian