Will it happen???

Will my 300tdi and r380 manual box out of my wrote off disco slip onto the lt77gearbox mounts I moved back to fit a disco 200tdi and box into my def 90 I know the engine mounts need moving but just wondered if it would be a straight swap on the gearbox side as it's already set up to take a disco

Lt77 ???

• 2 weeks later...

my main concern is that i chopped the gearbox tunnel to fit a disco 200 and box and im hoping the 300 and r380 combo will be roughly the same length as the 200 lt77 combo as to get the 300 in the right place for cooling, exhaust,e.c.t.but still getting the gearstick sticking through the right hole ????

For what its worth the cross member bolt holes in chassis are in same place , it just tends to be different mounting set ups on the cross member to suit the different gearboxes , eg disco auto cross member with auto box into a TD 90 chassis puts powertrain 300tdi into correct eng mount position for 300tdi chassis . seems also to allow same front prop in multiple chassis engine gearbox configurations . So using cross member that goes with its gearbox would seem to be starting point and put eng mounts to suit will give set up to use most standard ancillaries . JMHO

For what its worth the cross member bolt holes in chassis are in same place , it just tends to be different mounting set ups on the cross member to suit the different gearboxes , eg disco auto cross member with auto box into a TD 90 chassis puts powertrain 300tdi into correct eng mount position for 300tdi chassis . seems also to allow same front prop in multiple chassis engine gearbox configurations . So using cross member that goes with its gearbox would seem to be starting point and put eng mounts to suit will give set up to use most standard ancillaries . JMHO

thanks for that all query's answered i think