TopTip

I was fitting a permanent 12volt power source socket the weekend and was struggling to get the wires though the bulkhead gasket when I had an idea why not push a 10mm flexible plastic pipe through the gasket and then pass the wires through the pipe and then remove the pipe later.

I used a bit of grease on the pipe and it save me hours of fiddling about so I thought I would share...

Cheers

J

NIce idea, will try it next time. I usually slide a screwdriver or similar through the mass of wires and then find you can poke a wire down the void alongside it quite easily, but I think your idea sounds quite neat. A piece of hard 6mm nylon tube like the fuel line/arb air line would work too and be a bit smaller to squeeze through

A piece of hard 6mm nylon tube like the fuel line/arb air line would work too and be a bit smaller to squeeze through

Yep I use this quite often, though I tend to have 4mm kicking about most of the time, once it is through I tape securely the wires to it, and pull back, job done :)

The other good one is thos old net curtain rails, nice and springy and very strong, with a hook on the end to make tying the wire to is easy.

There are special electricians fibreglass pusher rods available, but never seen the need to use them.