lift kits? quality over cost?

sammyb

Whats is a good set to get? I have a friend who has "old man emu" on his 110 and TBF they are good but they are costly also...

Now I want something that is good on my 90 but doesn't cost the earth lol seems some of the ones of Ebay seem cheap but whats the quality like??

any pointers on to what is good/bad??

Any pointers really :)

Sam

As with all things you usually get what you pay for.

I've used pro comp before on a RRC from Devon 4x4 iirc, it was ok.

Currently using OME as included in Gwyn Lewis's "Extreme" ( I think ) kit, no comparison.

Yes the OME stuff is spendy but IMHO it's worth it.

As with all things you usually get what you pay for.

I've used pro comp before on a RRC from Devon 4x4 iirc, it was ok.

Currently using OME as included in Gwyn Lewis's "Extreme" ( I think ) kit, no comparison.

Yes the OME stuff is spendy but IMHO it's worth it.

Is it seriously worth the wedge? any links also?

I used Terrafirma after recommendations and so far its been great but saying that I have not had it on the road long. Pro-Comp have a rust problem or so I have been told. For a good budget kit I would use Terrafirma but as said you get what you pay for.

To keep costs down on my 90 I went for a combination of terrafirma springs/shocks, britpart radius arms and everything else was from the gwyn lewis kit. The set-up works really well and the back flexes a lot. The ride on the road is also much better.

The apparent problems are that the shocks don't seem to damp quite as well as my mate's 90 that has OME kit, however this could be partly down to my rear springs being too stiff. Also the front end doesn't flex equally to the back, something that I am looking into at the moment.

As said above, it is worth speaking to gwyn lewis, he is very knowledgable and always happy to help.

Harry

post-31817-0-11245300-1329225460_thumb.jpg

Old school trailers choice plus 2 shocks and red white rrc hd rear springs all round longer and softer like Andrex served me well. Pro comp got a bad name for shocks but that was mainly due to poor fitment by home mechanics and or clueless qual mechs fitting retaining washers wrongly and blaming poor quality of the parts.