The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

Agreed, I think low-profile tyres but somehow also with a lift to it so the body looks too far away from the wheels.

Also if they hadn't painted a bl**dy stupid mural on the front of it and left it looking stock.

12 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

It also sits weirdly on its suspension, look at the rear wheel arch gap. 

A little more pronounced than mine, which has police rear springs.

If the engine fit was done well, it could be nice, but the paint, the wheels, the dash and especially the wheel arches put me off.

• Like 1

Interesting idea, but I'd rather have the 4.2SC from @BearTK.

Mind you, I do have some wild dreams about a P38 (or Classic) with the supercharged Aston V8 by Tadek Marek. Preferably the 6.3l version. 😁

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 10:35 AM, Escape said:

Interesting idea, but I'd rather have the 4.2SC from @BearTK.

Mind you, I do have some wild dreams about a P38 (or Classic) with the supercharged Aston V8 by Tadek Marek. Preferably the 6.3l version. 😁

Wow. It's on a Q-plate, too. At least mine has the original number :D

Still hopeful I'll find enough freelance or a new job so I don't have to sell, but perhaps I'm undervaluing slightly if a good respray would put it near £30-40K auction estimates. In the meantime I picked up a cheap BMW X3 as a daily driver... which needs a transfer case rebuild or a centre bearing and a lot of tidying, but apparently is 'a good one' since it's a 3.0sd M-Sport. All I know is I had to remove the drug-dealer tints from the front window and someone spilled some talc under the seats.

On 5/4/2024 at 10:25 PM, BearTK said:

perhaps I'm undervaluing slightly if a good respray would put it near £30-40K auction estimates

Those can vary wildly TBH, some of these things are just fishing from dealers who want to try and bump prices before quietly selling it for a fair bit less... with something that weird it's 50/50 if you have 2 or more people who think it's cool they might bid each other up to well above the estimate, if only 1 person likes it it may struggle to hit the reserve.

Also a clean restored 2-door is likely worth more than a similar 4-door any day of the week unfortunately.

On 5/8/2024 at 11:20 AM, FridgeFreezer said:

Those can vary wildly TBH, some of these things are just fishing from dealers who want to try and bump prices before quietly selling it for a fair bit less... with something that weird it's 50/50 if you have 2 or more people who think it's cool they might bid each other up to well above the estimate, if only 1 person likes it it may struggle to hit the reserve.

Also a clean restored 2-door is likely worth more than a similar 4-door any day of the week unfortunately.

Oh, I don't think mine would be that appealing without a serious body restoration!

It has just failed the MOT on crusty mounts below the headlights. That panel does look shabby from underneath, so I'll replace both - it doesn't appear to have a strip between them so it should be quite straightforward I hope.