Any Disco pickups? Show us your cabs

A few of when I did mine a few years back (trayback obviously and not a pickup but hopefully of some value. Best advice is don't try and reuse the rear door to fill the back panel as it will compromise the whole job. Just do as I did and flat sheet with a suitable window (mine is a 90 CSW side window)

9753273qbd.jpg

9753274tpg.jpg

9753275ide.jpg

9753276sct.jpg

9753278uad.jpg

9753281dkp.jpg

9753282wwz.jpg

9753283atp.jpg

9753285dcw.jpg

9753287wqy.jpg

9753293obn.jpg

9753296yrd.jpg

9753297owh.jpg

9753298bxe.jpg

I'll be watching this one with interest, I'm considering building a disco pick-up myself!

http://forum.diffloc...e1f24ebbe0d091b

This is quite a good build thread. As above the longranger website is good, but they changed it about 6 months ago and a lot of pictures that showed other disco pick-ups have now gone.

Cheviot 4x4 used to have a discovery pick-up, whilst it was an out-and-out challenge truck, it did retain the pick-up back, there are pictures on their website: http://www.cheviot4x4.com/shop/

http://www.devon4x4....20072&Itemid=81

Also this may be of use, whilst it's a rangy, its the same principle for the roof.

Harry

This is my paint by numbers effort, back window is a defender windscreen. I would like to stretch the chassis but as it is its totally unmodified, hopefully this will appease the IVA gods.

DiscoUteUpload.jpg

DiscoUteupload2.jpg

DiscoUte022.jpg

DiscoUte008.jpg

DiscoUte003.jpg

Will.

This is my paint by numbers effort, back window is a defender windscreen. I would like to stretch the chassis but as it is its totally unmodified, hopefully this will appease the IVA gods.

DiscoUte022.jpg

Did you fab up the rear corners of the cab, or are they weld in sections from the rear of Disco?

DiscoUte003.jpg

Will.

Wow, how wide are those tyres!!! Looks great :)

the straight step on the back of the cab is the side of the roof i think, but all the corners and radiused rear of the cab is fabbed from sheet (actually i used all the discos roof as a sheet supply, even the rear light mounts are made of bits of roof. There is some filler in the roof, although not much.

Tyres are 31x15.50x15's.

Will.