Off Topic - Dogs In The Workshop - Beware!

stuck

Do you have a dog that supervises when your working on your Landy?

I do (3 year old neapolitan mastiff named Blu) never let him in if I'm welding etc but he has a bed in there for when I'm just tinkering.

He was with me on Sunday without anything obviously going wrong but on Monday he started to limp, this morning his paw had swollen massively.

To cut a long story short had to take a day off work to take the poor lad to the vets, bill aside he's had to have a general anaesthic to have what looks like an angle grinder wire brush bristle cut out.

Be careful boys & girls.

Mick.

The dog was acting a bit funny, lying down then suddenly jumping into the air, running around like daft, licking her paws, lying down, jumping etc, thought she was having a daft half hour at first. She made me laugh.

Then thought she might have a thorn but couldn't see anything, but then when she was laid still, I could see smoke rising from her paws.

I had some batteries lying on the ground outside, that had already gone to the skip, one had cracked due to freezing , but just took them to the skip as planned. The ground was frozen and no sign of any acid, so thought nothing of it, but as it got warmer the dog had waiked thru the mud.

Never seen her dancing like that before, just a couple of paw baths and she was fine, just gives you paws for thought.

Glad Blu is on the mend....

Chief inspectors and quality control

post-22735-0-76116100-1332340335_thumb.jpg

post-22735-0-95969100-1332340338_thumb.jpg

Its tiering all this work lark

post-22735-0-45175300-1332340332_thumb.jpg

post-22735-0-78086500-1332340341_thumb.jpg

On a serious note, dogs and cats love the smell of Antifreeze, but it doesnt like them, very toxic.

Im lucky that i have an old boy who comes in to sweep up every day to get away from his wife's nagging, so touch wood mine haven't trod on any nasties

I used to have our three in the workshop when they were younger, they had beds in there too! but they're just too big now, they need an acre or so when they play fight or they cause utter devastation!

I've had to have words with my wife when she's 'popped in to see what i'm up to' with them as there's usually/swarf/wire/sharp offcuts on the floor.

Hope your lad gets better soon, bet he's getting plenty of extra attention! he must be loving it!

Here's our three looking all well behaved...

gallery_16965_1268_262162.jpg

I used to have our three in the workshop when they were younger, they had beds in there too! but they're just too big now, they need an acre or so when they play fight or they cause utter devastation!

I've had to have words with my wife when she's 'popped in to see what i'm up to' with them as there's usually/swarf/wire/sharp offcuts on the floor.

Hope your lad gets better soon, bet he's getting plenty of extra attention! he must be loving it!

Here's our three looking all well behaved...

gallery_16965_1268_262162.jpg

Three great looking shephard's you have there