Fuel Leak, cause its so cheap i dont mind it dripping away......

Before I knew better when replacing my rear cross member on my 110 i also renewed the tank. Sadly I bought a Britpart one, complete with new sender.......it leaks! :angry2:

I have changed the sender, changed the olives and changed the rubber seal and metal seal ring twice. Switching the seal over does seem to stop the leak, temporarily.

So I have concluded that the tank hole for the sender is imperfect (true Britpart quality) and thus leaking - can I use an RTV sealant on this - will that work, or am I doomed to have a leaky tank till i stump up for a new one, not made by Britpart?

Any thoughts or suggestions on how best to fix would, as ever, be greatly appreciated! :D

You can use a PU adhesive (SikaFlex, Tiger Seal etc...) to seal it. It's used primarily as a body seal on vehicles but has the advantage that it's "passive" if/when it comes in contact with fuels. Probably best not to use it as a gasket sealant if you ever want to remove the sender but you can use it on the outside with the sender in place.

DO NOT USE ANY FORM OF SILICONE/RTV SEALANT NEAR FUEL SYSTEMS.

Silicon/RTV sealants will react really badly when they come into contact with fuel. They form a jelly in the fuel that clogs filters and even the smallest contamination can take ages to clear out.