I'm building a 110 Double cab up out of a rolled td5 and i want to coat the rear bed, internal floors and footwells in something a bit tougher and harder wearing than paint and not smelly wet carpet syndrome. I also like the thought of the sound deadening properties. There seems to be a load on the market:

Protectakote

U-pol Rator

Hyperliner

Dupli-Color

Has anyone had any success with any of them? I did look into getting it done professionally, but the price is over the odds for what your getting and i'd rather buy a few more toys.

I've not used them, but google for terms like 'spray bedliner' . rhino and line-x are other brands amongst tons of others. Seems some use polyurethane or mixes.

Let me know the cost! It's either this or stable mats for me ;)

I'm tempted by the U-pol raptor stuff the applicator seems very similar to the waxoyl gun at around £12 where as the linex system needs a special system. It's coming in at about £60 for 4x750ml and 1l hardener plus it's tintable which is a bonus! Considering a genuine rear mat is about £140 i think it seems good value.

I've used the Upol Raptor product both the black finish and the one that you can tint with your own colour. Both are excellent and as it is a 2 pack product if you are painting outside you can used another of their products called rocket to dry it even quicker. Very easy to apply just use a standard undersell gun. When my rear tub was off the chassis rather than underseal the underside I used Raptor and tinted it in the same colour as the body, still looks good 1 year later.

Coverage was very good I gave my old pick up two coats in fairly quick succession. I also used fast hardener and had the benefit of using a booth, with a quick 30 min bake it was done and out on the road.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've bought it, but not used it yet. Ive two Defenders to paint before I get near mine. A few people I know in the trade have used it with good results. It's like anything with painting the better the prep the better the finish.

I have used protectakote in the trailer and have been very impressed with how it held up simple application and very hard wearing.

Jason

Surprised to see this thread as I ordered some of the Upol Raptor just two days ago!

For what its worth I paid a LOT less than the usual £60/£65 for the kit of 4bottles and 1bottle hardener...... If anyone is interested I'll search out the companies details

Will post the results/photos when done

For what its worth I paid a LOT less than the usual £60/£65 for the kit of 4bottles and 1bottle hardener...... If anyone is interested I'll search out the companies details

Will post the results/photos when done

Ill be very interested where you ordered it. I planning to paint the back 110 SW as well.

Regards, Theo

Hi Guys

I'm not sure if links to business sites are allowed so if I've broken a rule please let me know and I will edit appropriately

http://store.aircooledandclassics.co.uk/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30873

HOWEVER!!!!!

Since I've placed the order and paid I havent received either a conformation email or delivery date?

So I would suggest that people wait until I actually receive the item just in case its a questionable website..... I will update asap as I have messaged them this morning

Mark

OK.... update long time coming!

Well no reply to my message, no sign of paint..... about to claim money back from paypal and then Friday morning it all turned up! All looks good and at half price it seems a great deal, just don't expect any communications or a fast delivery!

Now I need some good weather

Hi Nick, i've used protecta coat for the footwells on my bulkhead both inside and up into the engine bay the inside is covered with a wright off-road mat so not subject to wear but it seals the seams very well, it's been very hard wearing on the outer footwells also

I've also had the rear tub and bulkhead sprayed with line-x, just wish i had done the bulkhead and floor plates with it also.

regards all

Gren

• 2 years later...